• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Case trimmer, chamfer, & deburr

NJRaised

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2021
Port Murray NJ
Looking to buy a new tool to trim, chamfer and deburr. Volume is not high, no issue with a manual trimmer, but would prefer something not overly expensive without sacrificing quality for PRS.

Was looking at the rcbs trim pro 2, along with the three way cutter? Is that solid kit? Any other recommendations? I’d prefer one step, and not three separate steps.

Reactions: Zetlock
Also, is a hand tool for chamfer and deburr any less consistent? Probably more a pain to use, but any negative effects?

What do you consider expensive? And how many different cartridges would you be trimming? A giraud with a single cutter head isn't terribly priced.

But something like a giraud tri way trimmer is cheaper and does well.

Reactions: straightshooter1
I’m loading only for 223, for a prs rifle. I shoot about one competition a month, along with a little bit of practice, maybe 150-200 rounds a month.

I’d like to be 150-200$.

Make life easy

Reactions: spife7980
The giraud is the easy button. I use my Lyman brass prep center thing a ton though and there's no setting anything and it works really well.