• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Case Trimmer for the Big 50BMG

Silverbullet2

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2009
Near Seattle, Wa.
Just getting into handloading of the big 50. I am looking to get a case trimmer, but don't want to spend a king's ransom. What are you guys using? Thanks, JPG

Re: Case Trimmer for the Big 50BMG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DBohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is what I use. It's worked fine for me so far.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/390841/forster-50-bmg-case-trimmer

I see that one of the reviews states that there is a problem with the case popping out of the holder. I haven't experienced that with mine at all. </div></div>

This is the same one I used up until I bought a Giraud. I haven't regretted buying the Giraud.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DBohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is what I use. It's worked fine for me so far.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/390841/forster-50-bmg-case-trimmer

I see that one of the reviews states that there is a problem with the case popping out of the holder. I haven't experienced that with mine at all. </div></div>

this is the new version of what i use

but i do prefer to go over ironmans and use the Giraud

I use the lyman 50cal accutrimmer, it's $60 or so but only trims the 50. It works pretty good for my needs, I dont load them by the 100's though!

i have the wilson trimmer with the swage , it works pretty good i guess , part of me feels like the swage removes to much material from the pocket. It takes forever to trim brass , i guess its good for accuracy but not for speed. I wouldn't buy the little black stand, easier just to mount it to something else.

I started with the Forster and it worked well. Lots of elbow grease and a few thumb blisters though.

Bought a Gracey and haven't looked back, it works great. Fast, accurate and MUCH less work. I've heard really good things about the Giraud as well