• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Case trimmer Got Giraud!

slyfox

Private
Minuteman
May 24, 2012
IN
While I am fairly new to reloading I decided to just splurge on a Giraud case trimmer. It arrived today and I ran some cases through it. All I can say is WOW, if anyone is even remotely considering buying one of these do it! Once I get a little money saved up I will be ordering his case annealer also. The quality of the case trimmer has really impressed me.

I assume most of you probably already know how awesome these tools are, but I really wanted to bring this info to other newbies arriving to the reloading game who may have not heard of Giraud.

Re: Case trimmer Got Giraud!

Get the stainless media tumbler next, and then the Giraud annealer.
That way you'll have clean brass to anneal when it gets to the point that it needs it.
grin.gif

Once you use a Giraud, you'll ever wonder how you reloaded without one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iamironman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Once you use a Giraud, you'll ever wonder how you reloaded without one. </div></div>

One of the smartest things I ever did was start trimming from the get go on Giraud. Yeah they're expensive, but its worth every damn penny.

Wow that looks like a nice machine but I could buy a car for all the calibers I would have to get. Ok not a car, but it would make $2000 look sick real fast.

I ordered mine the first part of last year and I think it was about four weeks. He lists a time frame on the website saying how far out he is, and I have found that he stays pretty close to that time frame. But it is well worth the wait.

Walter

My wait was roughly 5 weeks, website now claims 6-10 weeks I believe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How long was the wait? </div></div>

I believe my trimmer was 4 weeks and the annealer was 6 weeks.
Both were on time or a little before the delivery estimate I was given when I ordered them.
They are very nice folks to deal with too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How long was the wait? </div></div>
CJ you don't have one of these yet?
You GOTTA get one, made my pile of 223 that needed trimmed go MUCH faster.

Welcome to the club! Have both the trimmer and the annealer....would not do otherwise.