• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Case Weight vs Case Concentricity?

svencool

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2011
Everett WA
www.photostrated.com
Which would you say is more important? When it comes to brass sorting I know some say case weight is and some say Case concentricty is. I want to here your guys real life opinions?

Mike

Re: Case Weight vs Case Concentricity?

Well, let's see:: I have developed a 308 loading that shoots 0.35" groups at 100 yards and I have never sorted cases (other than by lot) either by weight or by concentricity.

I have measured concentricity of the composnets used in my reloading process, but in general, its good enough that I don't do any sorting based on concentricity (Except for tossing seriously bad loads into the foulers pile.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MALLARD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why dont you just do both ? </div></div>

Well I have read allot about volume which I know is suppose to reflect by case weight!! But then I have read about case concentricity and the effect around the bullet. So maybe I need to do both or maybe one is better than the other. I don't know that's why I'm asking
smile.gif
If I have to do both and that's seems to be the best way then so be it. But if I don't then I would like to hear from the majority of the people from here then
smile.gif
Well thanks for your guys help in with this...

Mike

"... maybe I need to do both or maybe one is better than the other."

By which is 'better' means which will affect YOUR accuracy more. That will depend on YOUR rifle and YOUR cases and WE don't have a clue about either. Anyone working for best accuracy can't focus on one aspect while ignoring another. ??

You want to hear my real life opinion predicated on experience in numerous types of competition shooting? Unless it absolutely positively has to be perfect(benchrest competition) it is a watse of time. Weight does not always correlate with volume. Do some reading on 6mm br .com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do some reading on 6mm br .com </div></div>

I don't mind reading thanks for the tip...