• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cathartic pleasures

uffduh

Private
Minuteman
  • Oct 1, 2017
    Just finished polishing a pair of shoes...not because I had to, but because I wanted to. Next up, sharpen the knives. Sooo...

What are yours?

And the obligatory lying on expenses, finishing taxes or cleaning a firearm don’t count! Jeeeesus, I sound like Maser! (Sorry, mate, but after your Coincidence post, I couldn’t help myself)

Well, fuck my ass and call me a bitch! My name is mentioned in the OP and the OP author joined the hide on my birthday, so I just gotta post right? ;)

I'm really nerdy when it comes to my electronics. I take great pleasure in taking them apart and deep cleaning them and then seeing how much better and cooler they perform. Particularly the gaming rig I'm posting from right now. :D

I stopped taking things apart to see how they go together along time ago...too many pieces in the ‘spare parts’ box these days! Even if things did work okay after. Haha

4kxAR66.jpg

Returning tools to their correct kits . Always surprises me how many different tool groups I have
    when I tidy up a bit , and makes me appreciate what I have , and what I have done with them .

I’d forgotten I have long trip , and short trip motorcycle kits , same for 4 wheels , electronic / electrical
    packages , home and away firearms tools , air tools etc .

Working in the garden, getting my hands in the dirt, and tending my fruit trees.

Listening to music late at night with a good bourbon.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    I stopped taking things apart to see how they go together along time ago...too many pieces in the ‘spare parts’ box these days! Even if things did work okay after. Haha

its amazing just how many piece you can take out of something.....and still have it work just fine.....isnt it?

its like these engineers just throw random useless bits into stuff......just to confuse those of us who take them apart.

brazilian jiu jitsu. Nothing cures a day of stress like attempting to choke the piss out of someone. Some people don't get it, but "I choke people so that I don't choke people..."

Reactions: Alphatreedog
    Just finished polishing a pair of shoes...not because I had to, but because I wanted to. Next up, sharpen the knives. Sooo...

What are yours?

And the obligatory lying on expenses, finishing taxes or cleaning a firearm don’t count! Jeeeesus, I sound like Maser! (Sorry, mate, but after your Coincidence post, I couldn’t help myself)

You lost me at Piss Boy.

Fishing, especially fly fishing.

Wrenching on the truck.

Grilling, especially slow cooking some pork ribs with a drink and a smoke.

Washing the vehicles.

Push mowing the grass.

Driving with no purpose other than just driving to see where a road goes.

Making knives or archery are my go-to hobbies, but with 5 kids (and one more coming in October) it's just been time with them whether it's teaching them to shoot (guns or bows) or helping my son design stuff for his 3D printer or teaching my oldest daughter guitar. I know this doesn't exactly answer your question, but these are my current methods of relief.

I've got quite a few shoes that need shining and knives that need sharpening - I could keep you busy for a minute!

I honestly enjoy taking the lopping shears and policing the perimeter of all of my open areas. Only in winter though. Fuck doing anything like that in the summer around here. If you don't die of heat stroke the bugs, snakes, and stinging things will certainly take you out.

It's the kind of attention that makes a property look good, but visitors can't put their finger on what it is.

Every overhanging and protruding branch that I can reach is trimmed back to so that the edge of the woods forms a uniformed vertical border for at least 8 feet up. It makes mowing the edges easier and it makes spying game sneaking around the edges just inside the canopy easier.
    The regrowth also attracts deer and rabbits in early spring as they seek tender new growth for browse.

There's roughly 2,000 yards to be done around the house and road frontage. Then there's the easement road with is my northern border, and my ATV/walking trails, which total an additional 2 miles or so.
    Each area gets hit every other season, usually starting in January and ending in March.

a round of golf, taking a cruise on the bike, wrenching on one of my Bronco's. Not having to go to work that always an automatic win.

Fishing, and well, killing prairie dogs/varmints. Nothing like zoning out, while staying focused (if that makes sense). Kind of Zen-like...

A close second is lifting weights in the garage gym. Focusing on form, but otherwise letting the brain wander over problems and teasing out potential solutions...

Fuck doing anything like that in the summer around here. If you don't die of heat stroke the bugs, snakes, and stinging things will certainly take you out.
    Learned that lesson the hard way a couple years back, you might remember me asking what the hell stung me with this picture. I ended up thinking it was a centipede, still have the scars two years later.

26907408666_fc431e4346_z.jpg

Reactions: Tucker301
    Sexy cankles! :D
    You're looking at mid-way between either, my calves have been the envy of many an amateur body builder. A childhood on a mountain bike and the farm and an adulthood rucking mountains and sand trails pays more dividends than languishing in a gym.

I honestly enjoy taking the lopping shears and policing the perimeter of all of my open areas. Only in winter though. Fuck doing anything like that in the summer around here. If you don't die of heat stroke the bugs, snakes, and stinging things will certainly take you out.

It's the kind of attention that makes a property look good, but visitors can't put their finger on what it is.

Every overhanging and protruding branch that I can reach is trimmed back to so that the edge of the woods forms a uniformed vertical border for at least 8 feet up. It makes mowing the edges easier and it makes spying game sneaking around the edges just inside the canopy easier.
    The regrowth also attracts deer and rabbits in early spring as they seek tender new growth for browse.

There's roughly 2,000 yards to be done around the house and road frontage. Then there's the easement road with is my northern border, and my ATV/walking trails, which total an additional 2 miles or so.
    Each area gets hit every other season, usually starting in January and ending in March.

thats awesome, im similar

Reactions: Tucker301
    its amazing just how many piece you can take out of something.....and still have it work just fine.....isnt it?

its like these engineers just throw random useless bits into stuff......just to confuse those of us who take them apart.

I see what you did there!

Listening to Meshuggah or Jinjer loud af while staring out the window of my 120,000lbs bomb of a semi coasting down the freeway at 80 mph.....

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    brazilian jiu jitsu. Nothing cures a day of stress like attempting to choke the piss out of someone. Some people don't get it, but "I choke people so that I don't choke people..."

I get it. I used to break 'things' for the same reason. At 68 Ive chilled out a bit.

Reactions: Bender
    Just came across this and feel the need to start it again. I’m going with waterboarding my neighbors’ kids. Flaying the neighbor will follow.

I really hope someone answers the volunteer work thingy I put up soon!

Reactions: 308pirate
    During the summer:
    Watering the tomatoes and peppers, to which pruning and harvesting also takes place.
    Outdoor cooking and smoking foods
    Any vehicle maintenance or improvement that we're able to actually do. (took us 8 days to change a heater core in our truck)

Winter:
    Sharpening knives, and friends/family's too.
    Polishing shoes when they're needed, because a good job worth doing....
    Indoor cooking and canning

All year:
    Jobs/projects/ODIG's that have been needed or planned that are actually accomplishable for one reason or another
    (ODIG's = One Day I'm Gonna...) To get to the point where I/we actually can is a milestone in itself.
    Any home improvement that can be done.

Always/Anytime.... Don't listen to the little voices AND stay out of jail. :)

50 miles on this with a really odd mix of tunes on my play list.

View attachment 6945160

Danny boy,
    Why, oh why are you on the small ring?
    I'm gonna give you the benefit of doubt that it's just your method of storage since you're also in the small on the rear wheel.

You want nirvana?
    Dump those 105 styled wheels and put a set of carbon wheels with ceramic bearings and some Vittoria Open Corsa tires for a smooth as silk ride.

I bought a spare set of carbons for my +1 ride. No regrets.
    60mm on the Colnago and 38mm for the spare.
    Screenshot_20180917-071400_Chrome.jpg

Rebuilding turntables vintage speakers and 60s-70s audio componenets, smoking BBQ, handloading, rebuilding old trucks....

Reactions: Bender
    Danny boy,
    Why, oh why are you on the small ring?
    I'm gonna give you the benefit of doubt that it's just your method of storage since you're also in the small on the rear wheel.

You want nirvana?
    Dump those 105 styled wheels and put a set of carbon wheels with ceramic bearings and some Vittoria Open Corsa tires for a smooth as silk ride.

I bought a spare set of carbons for my +1 ride. No regrets.
    60mm on the Colnago and 38mm for the spare.
    View attachment 6945186
    Storage, as far as the other stuff I’m too much of a Brokeass White Trash to afford any of it besides my friends that have all the cool bike toys can barely catch me on the hills and can’t on the flats. ?

Storage, as far as the other stuff I’m too much of a Brokeass White Trash to afford any of it besides my friends that have all the cool bike toys can barely catch me on the hills and can’t on the flats. ?

When I was riding all the time(a couple of years ago) my lowest weight was still 191-193lbs.
    Like you, I could still put a hurting on the fly weights.

I need to get my fat ass back on the bike and get back in shape. I love the riding, but hate all the traffic.

Reactions: Dirty D
    Smoking pork ribs and detailing my vehicle. Originally from Memphis, TN and currently living in Stonington, CT. Folks up here have never had great ribs and enjoy sharing them with friends and co-workers.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
    I like waxing my ride beside the bay or ocean.

7110472_ttl_t222r_pri_larg.jpg
    I just bought a turtle. It makes me quite happy. It is very rare and exotic, a freak of nature even. It goes great in my collection.

You want nirvana?

When I quit riding competitively a few years ago, I got rid of my carbon wheels, but first made a comparison on the Morgul-Bismark. I had the same Continental Sprinters on the carbons and on my trainers (Mavic Open Pros) so I spent a day or two a week running laps while alternating wheelsets. Everything was the same (gearing, etc.) and the carbons were consistently 2-3 minutes faster per 13.5 mile lap.

My set of 38 mm wheels don't have the ceramic bearings and they are noticeably slower and don't spin as long while up on the stand.
    They are the back up set though, so no worries.

Do you think the Mavics had lower quality hubs and bearings?

Do you think the Mavics had lower quality hubs and bearings?

I bought bare rims and built them up on Dura Ace hubs. For their time, they were excellent. The carbon rims were on the same year and model of hubs.

The carbon fiber rims were hell to ride in a cross-wind. Like a sail. I'd have to look up the specs on the rim comparison. I think the Mavics were something like 380 grams and I think the carbon rims were less than 300, but I can't remember for sure.

Always used Campy...always was happy. Shimano was great on my XC mountain ride but not for the road.

Campy Hyperon carbon clinchers, Reynolds carbon clinchers and Zipp 404 tubulars using TUNE hubs were the bomb when climbing steep. Anything beyond a 404 profile was strictly for time trial. Using wide wheel rims for anything else was always questionable due to the wind effect

Mavic with their own hubs were bomb proof but heavy. Great for a trainer

Yeah, the 60s in a cross wind can get scary, but as long as it's quartering I get a push from them.

Campy guy here too.

No one thinks banging the wife is cathartic? Cuz that's what I like to do...

Matrimony is not a required prerequisite.

Alternative plookatech is an option but not a requirement.

YPMMV.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Mexican Cartwheel

The hot version is preferred, just to bring in left hand gain twist, spin-dementia, etc.

1J's midget men cannot engage in this activity with normal-sized female participants.

I guess that's size discrimination, glad I can't relate.

Bangin the wife is like riding the bull. I'm just trying to make it to the buzzer.

80974613-630x483.jpg