• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

caught people breaking into my house

Country DeVil

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2008
Co
I had a big day today, I bought a new van for my 2 year old and pregnant wife. the van was delivered to my house, the wife is so excited. while she is being excited about her new toy I was giving the baby a bath.
I finished the bath, was drying her off, and putting on Pj's when I heard my wife call me from the couch, where she was bragging via facebook, that there was someone out front and going into the garage. I ran out the front door and as soon as I saw movement I pulled my Emerson commander from my pocket and ran forward. I met the invader at the front of the garage as she was yelling "RUN" to her lookout friend. I grabbed her and immediately put her in a choke hold, then realized I didn't need my knife.
I wrestled her to the ground while holding my knife as far away from both of us as possible in one hand. when we got to the ground I stuck my knife in the dirt so no one would get cut. when she stopped screaming I put her hands behind her back and held them there while I was sitting on her. her friends in the get away vehicle started to drive away, I asked her if they were he friends and she said yes. they stopped the car a few houses down and the driver got out and looked at us. I yelled at him to get over here, he shuffled around then jumped back in the car waited 5 min then drove off. My wife was on the phone with 911 while all this was going on and the sheriff showed up a few min later.
Turns out the girl was 16 and stealing alcohol to sell for money for her friend, at least that's what she said. she is being charged with 2 felonies, conspiracy and burglary but she is 16 and was cooperative so I don't think much will happen to her. she did give names and addresses of her friends so it should be an interesting night for them.
now I cant sleep because I still have too much adrenaline, so I thought I would share my story and see what you guys have to say about it.

Re: caught people breaking into my house

wow that turned out pretty good could have been much worse

would love to be there when the sherif rolls up on the others ..

Some 35% of burglaries happen through open garages. Pretty crazy evening, she's lucky you kept your cool and didn't punch her in the face a few times or something to that effect.

Before I can respond... what's the age of consent in your state?

Wait what!? Shankster that was a litttle wierd. Im glad u were able to aprehend the teenage dumbass, to often they think they can get away with anything and you put a reality check on them.

Two assholes tried to break into my car a few months ago and i came out with my 5.11 karambit. Once they saw my size with a knife they ran so hard i thought i saw a turd fall out of Ones pants.

2 year old wife ?
eek.gif

Is good you got them. Hope they get the others. It sucks to be violated. Be sure to look around and make sure they didn't get anything. Maybe put a camera in your garage or something if there is a possibility of it happening again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Before I can respond... what's the age of consent in your state? </div></div>

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some 35% of burglaries happen through open garages. Pretty crazy evening, she's lucky you kept your cool and didn't punch her in the face a few times or something to that effect.</div></div>
I bet that is even higher percentage then that. There is a couple with kids in my complex that is always leaving their G door open. They had their car stolen right out of the garage along with her purse and some other belongings. I figured that would cure them of that. Didn't, I had knocked on the door SO many times to let them know that it is open my knuckle has arthritis. I stopped telling them.

ha, shankster i am pretty sure its 18.

as minor as it turned it out I am pretty happy with my reactions to the situation. I didn't know who was out there so I stepped in assuming the person was going to be bigger than me and willing to kill me. as soon as I saw the shadow coming my direction my brain shut off and I just reacted.
there is a big difference between being in a ring knowing you are fighting and someone will stop it if needed, and an unknown situation where there is no control.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Before I can respond... what's the age of consent in your state? </div></div>

made me laugh.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chanonry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2 year old wife ?
eek.gif

</div></div>

that's funny. i had to go back and reread that part since that is exactly how i read it the first time.

She is fortunate that you had the presence not to go crazy on her with a pregnant wife to protect. Maybe you can meet with her parent or parents and help them realize how close she came to being seriously injured or killed. Hopefully this will scare her into going straight.

Gotta be careful laying hands on a 16 year old while armed. In some places that wouldn't play very well, on your turf or not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Maybe you can meet with her parent or parents and help them realize how close she came to being seriously injured or killed.</div></div>

Odds are he would be the bad guy for threating a defenseless, disenfranchised, oppressed teenager who was just turning her life around and is really a good girl who made a mistake and deserves another (probably not the second) chance.

Chances are that she will not have learned anything except what not to do next time. I deal with juveniles all the time and they almost always have no remorse. In fact most blame everyone else for whatever happens to them. Sad to say we will all see things getting much worse with juvenile committing crimes due to society's influence on juvenile corrections/system. What she needed was a good ass kicking in my opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcpdshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chances are that she will not have learned anything except what not to do next time. I deal with juveniles all the time and they almost always have no remorse. In fact most blame everyone else for whatever happens to them. Sad to say we will all see things getting much worse with juvenile committing crimes due to society's influence on juvenile corrections/system. What she needed was a good ass kicking in my opinion.
</div></div>

I think our society breeds this type of entitlement thinking. 'Why should they feel remorse after all, you owe me your money because your rich and I'm not'

My garage is almost never open...whether I am at home or not.

Home invasions are on the upswing and better not leave any open invitations leaving you as a target.

I was reading the local paper yesterday and the police cought 3 young 17-23 yrs old that were entering houses thru garages for the most part. Went to there houses and found lots of stolden stuff, they also ratted out others envolved. More arrests to come.

Nice catch.....Maybe she will think twice next time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcpdshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chances are that she will not have learned anything except what not to do next time. I deal with juveniles all the time and they almost always have no remorse. In fact most blame everyone else for whatever happens to them. Sad to say we will all see things getting much worse with juvenile committing crimes due to society's influence on juvenile corrections/system. What she needed was a good ass kicking in my opinion.
</div></div>

This is exactly right. I remember a news story from not too long ago. Some teenage girls walked by a table where a girl was selling Girl Scout cookies and grabbed the money box. They were caught after, I think, making a tape about it and laughing. One of the girls also said that since she got arrested she thought she should have been allowed to keep the money. She also said that she didn't do anything wrong. She just wanted the money so she should be able to take it.

Jim

While the above would be the "book" on how to do things, in the heat of the moment, you do what you feel best to protect you, your family and lastly your belongings.

Good job sir, keep that family safe.

I just knew you would say something like that, she was probably under your weight limit though

I wouldn't be posting this stuff on the internet. Parents these days could easily sue you and now you have given a deposition freely online about it. Words like "choke hold" "knife" etc could come back on you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Socalsheepdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't be posting this stuff on the internet. Parents these days could easily sue you and now you have given a deposition freely online about it. Words like "choke hold" "knife" etc could come back on you. </div></div>

He has given out no personal information on the suspects, nor himself. He has not mentioned the city/state or street address of the crime. The OP has mildly stated how he protected his home from invaders given little information about the occurrence.

Hope your not the prosecutor.

Missed a perfectly good opportunity to hit a bitch. Then you came on here and told us all about your failure like it was an achievement.

Go put two more hash marks in the FAIL column...