• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors CB mounts for a tbac ultra 7 (hellfire question)

BigBlastin300win

Private
Minuteman
May 30, 2013
Boise, ID
So this is my first can and I am a little confused on how to go about these brakes so I can attach the silencer to other guns. My can is a tbac ultra 7 cb. It is cb from factory but mile high changed it to direct thread (CB factory/changed to DT). So it is a direct thread 5/8-24 now. Which i love. But I have two smaller rifles (300win/556) with smaller threads I'm hoping they are half.

So can I buy a hellfire cb brake and screw it onto my silencer with no problems. The blast baffle is what worries me I'm not sure if changing it from CB to DT would have any affects.

I know i need a mount or adapter so I can plug and play with the guns. Just not sure if I need to run tbac or if I can go the area 419 hellfire way. Any help would be appreciated. I'm guessing i just made the situation harder but figured others here have the knowledge. Thanks!!

If I understand you correctly - you now have a direct thread brake rather than a CB brake. This means you can't run a CB from TBAC or a Hellfire system because you have a direct thread now. You can buy an adapter which will take you from 5/8-24 to the 1/2-28 for your 556, etc. How did they turn in from CB to direct thread - is it permanent or something that screws in the brake?

if you want to run on multiple rifles, you should send back to TBAC and get them to change it back to a CB brake so you can either run their system or the Hellfire system.

Reactions: BigBlastin300win
If I’m understanding you correctly it sounds like you have something installed in your cb can with locktite or something. What it sounds like you want is a hellfire break with the cb attachments for your other rifles. Just go to 419 website and look at the hellfire break it will then give you the option for adding more muzzle devices for the tbac cb. Buy as many as you want for all your rifles and then you can use the hellfire or your can. The piece mile high installed will need to be removed from your can and you will just run the hellfire system. I hope this makes sense and that I was understanding what you were saying you had.

So can I buy a hellfire cb brake and screw it onto my silencer with no problems.
Short answer. Currently as you are sitting right now, no.

To run cb parts you will have to change it back to cb.

It is reversible.

When thunderbeast converts a cb can to direct thread they take a cb brake and semi permanently mount it in. By semi permanently I mean you can't / shouldn't try to do it at home.

Cb brake
BOTLRR-8138.jpg

I think they do the exact same thing when they make direct thread cans originally.

Once it is converted back to cb you can go either way. It won't affect anything as long as you adhere to Thunderbeasts recommendations on minimum barrel lengths (5.56 11.5" and 300win 18"). Thunderbeast makes cb flash hiders as well which doesn't really have a blast baffle.

Cb flash hider
D464_9291_img.jpg

This is all assuming you have a 30 cal ultra 7. If you have a 6.5 ultra 7 don't run it on the 300win. You're fine either way on the 5.56.

Short answer. Currently as you are sitting right now, no.

To run cb parts you will have to change it back to cb.

It is reversible.

When thunderbeast converts a cb can to direct thread they take a cb brake and semi permanently mount it in. By semi permanently I mean you can't / shouldn't try to do it at home.

Cb brake
View attachment 7540804

I think they do the exact same thing when they make direct thread cans originally.

Once it is converted back to cb you can go either way. It won't affect anything as long as you adhere to Thunderbeasts recommendations on minimum barrel lengths (5.56 11.5" and 300win 18"). Thunderbeast makes cb flash hiders as well which doesn't really have a blast baffle.

Cb flash hider
View attachment 7540805

This is all assuming you have a 30 cal ultra 7. If you have a 6.5 ultra 7 don't run it on the 300win. You're fine either way on the 5.56.
Awesome I think you have hit the nail on the head. Some how need to get the CB out of there. Gunsmith or someone with tbac knowledge i don't really want to send it back.

If I’m understanding you correctly it sounds like you have something installed in your cb can with locktite or something. What it sounds like you want is a hellfire break with the cb attachments for your other rifles. Just go to 419 website and look at the hellfire break it will then give you the option for adding more muzzle devices for the tbac cb. Buy as many as you want for all your rifles and then you can use the hellfire or your can. The piece mile high installed will need to be removed from your can and you will just run the hellfire system. I hope this makes sense and that I was understanding what you were saying you had.
Yeah I think you are right locktite or something it was pretty tight in there. The company I transferred it too was confused as well because it is a ultra7 30 cal CB. We tried to use a ar barrel to get it out but it was tight so we didn't mess with it. I think @LeftyJason nailed it. I read awhile back that's how tbac made there cans. I am a total newb to cans so I am just taking it all in. A lot to learn but fun

Awesome I think you have hit the nail on the head. Some how need to get the CB out of there. Gunsmith or someone with tbac knowledge i don't really want to send it back.
Why don't you want to send it back to Thunderbeast? You send it directly to them and they send it back to you. No transfer wait time since it is already yours. They know how to get it out the proper way.

You can always ask @TBACRAY or @Zak Smith about it as well.

Why don't you want to send it back to Thunderbeast? You send it directly to them and they send it back to you. No transfer wait time since it is already yours. They know how to get it out the proper way.

You can always ask @TBACRAY or @Zak Smith about it as well.
I know waiting is a pain, but they will get it back to you quickly and they have great customer service... you don't want to spend $1000 plus on a precision rifle can to then hit it with a blow torch and pry bar. If you mess up the threads or bend the can or worse, you won't have much hope of the accuracy in the future.

Dont think a blow torch and a pry bar are necessary what’s needed. More along the lines of a heat gun and a double nut setup. Should have zero issues if your even halfway competent mechanically. If your not then yes send it in, it’s not brain surgery we’re dealing with here.

I did the same on my 338 Ultra. Mine was setup as a direct thread with their CB mount semi permanently installed. I called them and set up a RMA and shipped it to them. 2 weeks later I had it back clean as new and ready for me to install my 419 hellfire mount.

I had mine converted from direct thread to CB mount by TB. I had them send me the insert back so I could put it back if I wanted. As simonsza stated, the proper size bolt and two locknuts and heat will remove it. It's just high temp loctite holding the insert in place.

Everything is working I like the CB direct thread. I was hoping it would go on my 300win but I will have to chop the threads and get it re-thread to 9/16 and buy an adapter. I've just been buying adapters and it seems to be working out. Bought a $30 1/2-24 adapter from a local class 3/silencer maker and slapped it on the ar-15 works great and saved me a lot of money. I plan on just buying adapters from here on out. And not the $130-250 "name brand" ones. Getting great accuracy and have been switching multiple platforms at the range with pretty much no poi from gun to gun. My buddy has 2 tikkas and I have mine and an ar-15. We shot all within a couple hours and had no issues and all shot well. He has a can on the way a SiCO so we will see how much difference there is between cans. I am very pleased with TBAC and the decisions I have made so far for my first can. Thank you all very much for the input i would be lost with out it. I was a big time newb but feel more confident now in my progress, so thank you all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Simonsza1