• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft CB Radio.

Jscb1b

Dumbass.
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2018
Arizona
With all the talk of booging coming soon, there is talk about coms. What about cb radio? I know there is limited range and no security. Can it be used as a starting point?

Reactions: PMCfighter
Right now, with they way the Sun Spot cycle is, CB is dead. You can still use it for short distance, but hardly anyone is using the band anymore. Maybe some truckers still? I read an article on the latest Cannonball Run record being broken, and what those guys used. They said they took a CB radio along, and said it was totally useless.

Maybe for some it’s only short but I run a big a$$ radio and a massive mall dropping amp. I get out an easy 40 miles. Red neck cell phones are absolutely the way to go! Your cell phone will be worthless, there will be no FaceTime etc. BIG mud duck crushing CBs are absolutely necessary and the way to go.

With all the talk of booging coming soon, there is talk about coms. What about cb radio? I know there is limited range and no security. Can it be used as a starting point?
No, mainly because of the two defects you listed. Now if you have the ability to tweak the freqs a little they will do a little better. It's not hard to do either.

Limited range????? I guess talking from OK to people in NY or from VA to FL is not that far. My bad....

Limited range????? I guess talking from OK to people in NY or from VA to FL is not that far. My bad....
While the array,... is,... everything, hiding it an running barefoot is another, with just voice. If you know CW an mod the radio for it, with 4 watts an a throw up array you can/might do that. However how many with CB's only could read, the fist, let alone respond to it?

My mobile setup runs 200watts....gets out easily. Bump it up to the 500watt setting...now we can do what we need done.

Yes, it's al about the setup, weather, obstructions....etc etc etc....

People think CB is dead cause no one is using it. I get on there all the time...PLENTY of dead air....Key up and start talking brings people out the wood work.

I'd recommend getting your General class HAM license, and an entry level radio such as a Yaesu FT-450 or FT-891. You can still listen to CB, and transmit on the lower bands around the world. No anonymity, but much more useful.

Yes. Although many people no longer use it, you can try maybe you like it. A CB radio usually contains 40 AM/FM channels with other helpful functions such as weather channel scan, instant approach for help in emergencies, radio conversations via a microphone, noise reducer, public address, and so on.

Reactions: stefan73
Still have a magnum s380 it’s not going anywhere

Reactions: stefan73
My mobile setup runs 200watts....gets out easily. Bump it up to the 500watt setting...now we can do what we need done.

Yes, it's al about the setup, weather, obstructions....etc etc etc....

People think CB is dead cause no one is using it. I get on there all the time...PLENTY of dead air....Key up and start talking brings people out the wood work.
500w would be nice. I played around with a Bearcat 980 with AM/ USB/LSB and a low drive 200w foot warmer.

Reactions: HeavyAssault