• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

phxfa

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 9, 2010
    Arizona
    Arthritis in the hands is kicking my ass,,,,Who’s tried CBD and does it work. Type, brand and dosage would be appreciated

You will get mixed reviews but there are many who claim it works. It's different for everyone. Just because it didn't help someone else doesn't mean you shouldn't try it. My advice is to try it and see if it works for you.

As far as type, brand, dosage....

Type is largely up to you. Most will go with oil. It will absorb into your body more quickly than gummies although the gummies (or other edible) will probably last longer in your system. I have had friends claim the cream has worked well for muscle issues, so I would assume it has potential for arthritis as well.

Brand...I would stick to the internet on this one. Gas stations are always a no-go and most of what I have seen in health food stores is not quality. A company that publishes their lab results would be my choice. Also transparency on how they extract the oils. Here is a good example of a company I would try:
    Not sure if you are a veteran/active duty but if so they offer 25% off which is the best I've seen.
    Also if you try it and it's not for you, they offer a 30-day no questions asked full refund.

Dosage...it will differ for everyone. There are too many variables that would impact this such as height/weight, gender, metabolism, etc. Most will recommend starting low and working up till you found something that works. I personally would start at about 5mg 3x/day but again, that is me.

Not sure if that helps at all, just my 2cents. I am not affiliated with the above company in any way, nor do i continue to use CBD (I found something else that works for me for my health needs) but they have a blog section with articles that should help answer questions and you could email them as well. I would say it is worth trying for and if it works, great, if not, well you tried. I think many people probably give up too soon.

Last edited:
    Reactions: oldiephrt
    I have tried topical CBD oil/cream. Brand I don't remember. I thought it lasted longer than Blue Emu/Blue Stuff. Lets my muscles relax taking pressure off joints. Price was way more than relief given. I stay with the Blues as narcs. are problematic.

I also should have added....CBD effects are said to be cumulative so I would give it the full month before you gave up. At minimum a week so that the full effects are there.

Also here is a page that might be helpful for you if you decide to use CBD:

I use the oils and the salve. Gummies are good for when you are travelling.
    Oils I take sublingual, salves rub right on the sore areas.
    In my case, I prefer the oils for mental relaxation, topicals like cream or salve for joint or muscle aches. For me, the pain relief is almost instantaneous.

I've been happy with Floyd's of Leadville as my source. Floy Landis is the reported owner, ex-cyclist. His story is pretty interesting.

They run promotions fairly regularly.

Floy's was recommended to me by several other satisfied users. Prices are good, quality has been consistent and they have different versions to choose from. Shipping is $5 or free with orders over $50.

Like JB said, give it a shot.

I have similar hand issues (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu gripping stuff). I am on my second month using an edible gummy CBD. I am taking 50 mg/day. I bought them from CBDMd. Near the end of the first month I felt improvement so I continued. I think it is worth a shot to see if it works for you. Good Luck.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
    My old man takes one for anxiety. We went to some health food store once and the lady in the health section was a wealth of knowledge.

There's all different types and you can buy it mixed with different herbs and spices and the results can vary depending on what you buy.

If you live somewhere that marijuana is medically legal you’ll have better results with an ointment with both thc and cbd.

My aunt’s neighbor found out I lived in CO and sent a list and a few fistfuls of cash with my cousin so he could bootleg some of the good shit back to her

Reactions: camocorvette
    I’ve used the cream for tennis elbow, the high octane stuff works better 1500-5000mg

My mom uses this stuff for her knee and another buddy for his tennis elbow too
    Off topic, but I rehabbed both of my elbows using a flex bar I got off of Amazon. I’d give that a try if you still have tennis elbow. TheraBand FlexBar, Tennis Elbow Therapy Bar, Relieve Tendonitis Pain & Improve Grip Strength, Resistance Bar for Golfers Elbow & Tendinitis, Red, Light, Beginner https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00067E4YU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_m.dYFbMH0NB46

Reactions: BLEE and Abbotm2
    Check out owellness.us

The freeze gel is amazing.

As someone else mentioned cbd works better with thc. I have lots of pain and have noticed different effectiveness just between different plant strains. I’ve been able to try high cbd strains. If you are in a position to be able to have thc in your system you have lots more options and can do it cheaper by making your own edibles. I’m in one of the 4? Legal for personal states. I’ve tried some cbd gummies and edibles and there is more room for disappointment when buying processed products like that.

just a few other methods one could try unless your already sold on drugs , good luck what ever you decide .
    I’m a big fan of non drugs. Your statement makes me think you don’t recognize cbd is a plant?

I shoot shotguns, a lot. The THC would be a problem if it’s of any amount. AZ is legal for weed starting next Jan
    so access is there. My mother and grandmother had this shit, fingers looked like knots

I have similar hand issues (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu gripping stuff). I am on my second month using an edible gummy CBD. I am taking 50 mg/day. I bought them from CBDMd. Near the end of the first month I felt improvement so I continued. I think it is worth a shot to see if it works for you. Good Luck.
    I have to ask, are you/ do you feel confident in your judgement to work dangerous equipment? That is what shy's me away from trying it.

900mg
    I had a constant lower back pain, and inflammation in my knees.
    Everything I read told me to use full spectrum oil.
    I didn’t need to stay on for very long, maybe a month and had no problems with it.
    It really helped with the pain and inflammation.

My mom takes it for degenerative disk disease. She can barely function without it, almost completely pain free with CBD oil 1x a day. She’s not into taking any kinds of drugs and refuses opioids. If she says it helps, it helps.

My dad says it really helps his gout. But he got popped for THC on a random at work and was allowed to retire in lieu of termination. Be careful. He’s not used MJ/THC since he was a teenager. Standards for testing this oil have got to be lacking.

I’ve been taking full spectrum CBD tincture for about 2 years, I have Familial Tremors in my hands, pretty bad. I‘ve tried a few different brands and settled on Lazarus Naturals full spectrum CBD oil. I noticed a huge difference after a week or so of taking it. A 6000mg bottle is $120 and last about 2 months, each 1ml dose is 50mg, I take it in the morning and before bed, it helps me sleep well also. I would rather take CBD oil over the pharmaceutical drugs that are prescribed for essential tremors.
    With Lazarus Naturals they have an assistance program for Veterans, people with Long Term Disabilities, or Low Income. The discount is 60% on the first $400 spent each month.

I won't be shy about my experience with this medication... for years I suffered from chronic achilles tendonitis on both ankles... then because of a skiing accident ruptured the labrum in my left shoulder, excruciating pain that I lived with for 4 years....

comes a Rogue River rafting trip in Oregon and my daughters made me go with them to a dispensary next to the University of Oregon campus... they and the owner talked me into a cream based ointment... reluctantly, I used it... two days of application and I was able to stand up on my toess with no pain... subsequently with use, the swelling has completely disappeared and I have normal functioning tendons...

the shoulder was just as dramatic relative to the pain, though the condition has not gone away, just the nagging pain... it needs surgical repair, but I refuse to be cut for it... so that is that...

I have one step daughter who lives in Illinois... she is my source now... so here is the detail.... my ointments have been a combination in equal part of both CBD and THC... there is no high, but since I am retired, I could care less what any potential employment mandated testing would say... you may not have the same ability...

As to the efficacy for all people, I agree with the comment above... I have spoken with two MD friends and they both say that it is not a universal solution, that what works for one might not work for another... but they both use the medications themselves... so it really is about your own body chemistry..

almost forgot.... Natures Choice Lotion.... 100mg CBD, 100mg THC... $55 for 4 oz jar

Let this be your supplier! Absolutely awesome, veteran based company. They have great articles on the different types of CBD too(with THC and w/out)

I have a hard time moving some days. Back in '04 the military docs tried to hook me on opioids with their stupidity...I was literally prescribed Percocet, Oxycodone, and another generic equivalent for 11 months straight. When they took blood before surgery at the VA, my liver enzymes were 3x what they were supposed to be because each dose was 5/325 mg of Acetaminophen.

I was on 2,700mg of Gabapentin per day three years ago. While it worked, I felt like I was in a damn fog all day.

I tried CBD tincture stuff after I retired, and did not notice any benefits other than perhaps a bit more restful sleep. I tried THC twice and had the opposite reaction thsn what 99% of people have...I had a full-on anxiety attack.

I recently tried a 50/50 THC/CBD rub with menthol additionally, and that along with a hot bath actually does give me some relief on those days where I get up and have trouble walking. I use this only when I'm having a really bad day as I don't want to get used to the relief.

I think results depend on the person taking the stuff. Some people won't feel a thing, others will swear by it. I personally have mixed feelings about it.

the missus has some CBD tea and CBD oil...frankly i dont think either did jack shit if im honest.....

i couldnt tell you if its "the good stuff" or not....all i know is it didnt do shit for my back pain, or calm me down, or whatever it is its supposed to do.....

How long did you try it?
    the missus has some CBD tea and CBD oil...frankly i dont think either did jack shit if im honest.....

i couldnt tell you if its "the good stuff" or not....all i know is it didnt do shit for my back pain, or calm me down, or whatever it is its supposed to do.....

I've been taking CBD gummies for 2 months. 30mg once daily. I've stopped taking 800mg ibuprofen 3 x daily. I'm I pain free, no. Do I hurt less, yes.

There are products that do contain THC. You just have to read the labels and look for the test results.

I ordered a vial/1000mg of CBD oil from Penguin just before Christmas.
    Religiously took it for 2 weeis,,,,NADA, zilch, nothing
    They refunded my money immediately.
    AZ legalized weed this year so I might try it again with a little THC in it

17 days, 1 dose of 1.0 ML every morning,,,basically an eye dropper full
    this was for arthritis in my hands
    time to break out the bong

Reactions: ColinW
    I'm doing the edible gummies. 60mg a day. It took me a month to notice help for arthritis and neuropathy. I think state law makes mj legal in March. Happy trails.

I'm doing the edible gummies. 60mg a day. It took me a month to notice help for arthritis and neuropathy. I think state law makes mj legal in March. Happy trails.
    Who’s your dealer? Lol
    60mg versus 1.0 ML of oil,,,which is stronger?.

FYI if you work for a place that drug tests, be aware that even though the amounts of THC are minute (<0.3%), they do exist and compound over time. I had a colleague get shitcanned over it. I know the guy well and the only product he used was store bought CBD oil purchased in TX.

Reactions: salks
    Tried it and nothing but admittedly I want regular. Seemed awfully expensive for something that comes from a weed.

I found a tablespoon of natural, local, honey per day helped with old arther.

20210117_203456.jpg

After living in Washington state for 13 years. I think ten of it marijuana was legal.

Get the stuff with thc. Cbd alone may work for you. To get the true benefits of it you need the full compound. The fact that big pharma and the govt has railroaded hemp and thc from the market for nearly 100 years is maddening.

My knees, ankles, wrists, hands and elbows tell me when the weather is gonna change or is changing. I can say I have benefited from the use of thc. Whether smoking or consuming. Now I live in a non legal state so that's a no-no..

My buddy and former gun chief had a 1Niner8 155 howitzer leg fall on his back and medically retire him. The VA had him on like 11 prescriptions. He said he felt like a zombie 100%. He started using thc and dropped nearly all the prescriptions (at least the pain meds) immediately. That was 2013. He's still medicating with it, has started to exercise and noticed an even better effect on his life.

I support the legalization of Marijuana purely for this aspect. Let alone all the other uses for the plant as a textile.

So yeah. CBC May help. I'd get nearly the strongest dosage you can to get an effect.
    Regrettably you will not even get close to the effect on pain/soreness that you would with THC included.

YMMV

Reactions: Jscb1b