• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CBRPS Mosin Chassis

Strive4More

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2011
Crestview, FL
Anyone other than s1erra1 running an CBRPS chassis on their MN 91/ 30? Thinkin bout pickin one up simply for the "What the HELL is that?" factor with some of my friends. Anyone notice an increase in accuracy in using the stock barrel legnth? Short barrel?

Re: CBRPS Mosin Chassis

I didn't own or shoot this thing, so I can not answer your direct question.

But here is my take - cosmetically, I do not like it - looks bulky and heavy to me, this design uses lots of material with no clear function behind all this construction. If it was slimmer in general, it would probably look much better.

Functionally, it should work fine - I've built alum. bullpup stock for MN around 1995, and it proved to be a good platform. CBRPS uses the same concept, so I feel it's a healthy approach in general.

Leaving MN barrel in full original length hanging like this was kind of shown not be a good idea from accuracy and consistency point of view. Of course, barrel length is not CBRPS business, so you always have a choice here. I'm confident that short barrel should provide better results.

But if you like it, don't hesitate and get it. It's your money.

I love how there are actually other options for those types of rifles but that company needs some Italian engineers to shave those things down into something sleeker.

Yeah I hear ya on that. Maybe someone would do something akin to the DTA SRS. That would be pretty sick.

Hmmm the gears are turning. Once I can get another Mosin I'll take a look at what it will take. The hardest part I can see now is the trigger mechanism. Any leads on a diagram of a good system.