• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CC permit needed for folder?

Graywolf.260

rocket surgeon
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2010
Refuge des cosmiques
If you have a rifle with a folding chassis in your backpack on a motorcycle is it treated the same as a rifle you’re transporting in a car? Or is a concealed permit needed.

I believe in legal terms, 'transporting' means unloaded and in a locked container separate from the ammunition. If you are driving a sedan, they require you to keep the weapon in the trunk to meet the definition. In an SUV where there is no trunk, or a motorcycle where your only storage options are saddle bags or backpack, that is your storage space. If your rifle meets that criteria, it should be GTG. 'Concealed' means out of sight, but loaded and accessible...

Reactions: Graywolf.260
The advice you get will not be much use unless you specifically say where you will be doing this and get advice specific to your area.

Also if it's an AR style rifle, depending on the state, there may be different issues if it's a full rifle or one of the short barreled pistol classified ones with a pistol brace and it can be complete opposites from state to state.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
The advice you get will not be much use unless you specifically say where you will be doing this and get advice specific to your area.

Also if it's an AR style rifle, depending on the state, there may be different issues if it's a full rifle or one of the short barreled pistol classified ones with a pistol brace and it can be complete opposites from state to state.
Bolt action rifle, transporting unloaded in Montana to range/hunt. Will check with sheriff.

AND read the law, at least ours here in fl. are easy to read and understand.
many sheriff deputys dont know the law well.
sure, speak w them, but read for yourself also

In MT your good...

Have to the research like this.. then double check by actually looking up the codes yourself. Honestly, even if it’s from a trusted source, I ALWAys, go look up the law/code just for credibility to say I did.

“you hear that in the internet?”

“No, I looked it up.. MT 43-5-11 and read it...”

then you have no doubts, full confidence and plausible reason.
916DE6E1-367B-4A70-A023-735C57897411.jpeg

Reactions: Graywolf.260
Typically one can of conceal any long gun. Part of the distinction of a long gun is that it is not concealable.

In CA, one can get 2 violations on a hand gun 1) carrying concealed 2) carrying loaded

In your example, be aware of your state and local laws

disassembled in a case is normally legal. On a bike, I would add locks to it

only to us guys whom have something to loose, but cowboys and indians is coming

Cowboys and Indians and hard working townsmen versus commie invaders...

Remember that account when Henry Wheeler used a Smith Carbine at Northfield, Minnesota during the 1876 robbery by the James-Younger gang to take down Clell Miller and Bob Younger from a second story window? Fucking turned Miller's chest into pudding and shattered Younger's shoulder to the point that the arm was hanging on only by a few strands of muscle. I'd like to make a shot like that with my Smith .50-40. I haven't fired up that old iron warhorse since the last Civil War themed carbine shoot I took part in and I reckon the next time it thunders again will be when my own neighbors and friends get threatened by the marxists in our own humble community...

In NC you can get a CHP (concealed HANDGUN permit). Nothing else is covered.