• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cci 200 primers? What do you all think?

Absolution

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2012
www.instagram.com
So I just found a lot of primers I didn't know I had in shop. I probably have 10,000 primers. That's including 250 primers they are in the box aswell. I don't have a magnum gun though. Also is there a difference between green and black labels they say the sake exact thing except green or back label.

CCI 200, as in standard large rifle? Love em for 308, 260, and other medium capacity short action cartridges. Stopped buying BR-2's and just stick with the 200's now after testing loads with both.

For Long action like the 30-06 and 270, I like Winchester LR.

CCI 200 good-to-go.

Tho I have a hard time believing primers really make much of a difference in accuracy, for anything other than a pure benchrest rifle...

CCI 200 good-to-go.

Tho I have a hard time believing primers really make much of a difference in accuracy, for anything other than a pure benchrest rifle...

I agree 100%... in fact, when someone tells me that they have to have "_____" primer or their load won't shoot well, I advise them that they're using the wrong powder charge. The right load recipe should not be primer sensitive.

Dan

CCI 200 good-to-go.

Even in Benchrest, we had a local shooter post a 400-16X at 300 yards using standard primers. He refuses to use BR primers. As Dan commented, it's a matter of adjusting your powder load to match the conditions. What's more important to BR shooters is to keep good records and select the charge weight that matches the "atmosphere" at the time of the competition.