• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CCI #34 for .308 bolt gun

pqba

Private
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2008
Spokane, WA
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I couldn't find anything on it doing multiple searches.

I've got an ample supply of CCI #34s, and I'm wondering if there's anything inherently wrong with using the harder primers for a .308 bolt gun. It seems that Federal match primers are extremely tough to find, and I'm wondering how much accuracy would suffer with these #34 primers vs. Federal or other brand match primers.

Thanks.

Re: CCI #34 for .308 bolt gun

These primers have performed well in several 308 and larger cartridges in my rifles. I could not tell any difference from FGM in group size or chrono data.

i have used them and with the pepsi/coke taste test couldnt tell a difference from the lrg rifle cci primers but i do not own a chrono but they are just as accurate and i have been told by a friend of a friend of a friend that these are what is used for the m118lr loadings but i dont buy much stock in that.

Hey guys, that's for the replies. I'm relieved to hear that I'm not totally screwed with no usable primers.

Thanks again,

Penta

308isgreat,

You mentioned using the #34's in larger cartridges. Were these calibers like .300 win mag or .338 rum that call for magnum primers?

Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Penta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">308isgreat,

You mentioned using the #34's in larger cartridges. Were these calibers like .300 win mag or .338 rum that call for magnum primers?

Thanks. </div></div>

Yes, what I can remember for sure is 300WM, 300WSM. There's a few others I used them in but can't recollect. Velocity was very uniform in these cartridges with the #34 primers.