• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CCI #41 Primers

Helidriver

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2009
Surprise, AZ
Well crap, another case of me not doing my homework. I was able to pick up two boxes of CCI #41 primers today at my LGS. Since BR-4's are non-existent I thought I would give them a try in my 6 ARC (Uintah bolt action) that has yet to arrive. To my surprise they are considered magnum primers equal to CCI 450's. None of the load data for 6 ARC calls for magnum primers and I can't find any good data on weather I can use them in this application or not. Does anyone have any guidance?

I shoot small rifle magnum primers (CCI 450's) in .556, 6.5 Grendel and .224 Valkyrie. Should not be a problem if you are careful about load development. Now if you mix primers, expect a POI shift between the two.

Reactions: MadDog4298
I use CCI 450 in my 300BO and 6.5Creedmoor with no hiccups. Start low and work your way up. Enjoy your new rifle👍🏼.

Great buy. I'm using as a substitute for 450s in 6 CM and 6x47 Lapua burning H4350.

Awesome! Thanks for all the replies. I guess it was a good buy after all.

Excellent buy, it’s all I’m using in my 6mm ARC. Just start a bit lower and work up, as noted. It’s better for the ball powder, actually, so you did yourself a favor depending on what powder you use.

Excellent buy, it’s all I’m using in my 6mm ARC. Just start a bit lower and work up, as noted. It’s better for the ball powder, actually, so you did yourself a favor depending on what powder you use.

I’m starting out with Power Pro 2000 MR. I have a few pounds of it. I also have some 2520. Both are ball powders and on the slow side I believe.

I run them in my .223/5.56 loads with zero issues.

The cup is a little bit thicker than CCI400 & CCI450's so they will need a good whack from the firing pin. Unless you are running super lightweight springs you should be fine.

I run them in my .223/5.56 loads with zero issues.

The cup is a little bit thicker than CCI400 & CCI450's so they will need a good whack from the firing pin. Unless you are running super lightweight springs you should be fine.

Cci 41 is Same cup thickness and priming mix at cci 450. As far as I’ve read the only difference is the cup to anvil distance to help prevent slam fires a little better.

Reactions: never_summer
Cci 41 is Same cup thickness and priming mix at cci 450. As far as I’ve read the only difference is the cup to anvil distance to help prevent slam fires a little better.
I knew there was something that differentiated them from the CCI450 to prevent slam firing. I thought it was cup thickness, my bad.

Or you could just try going to a slower burning powder that‘s slow Enough to take the longer burning and hotter flame of the CCI 41’s Along with a heavier bullet, depending on your twist rate .

Last edited:
I thought (bad idea) that the BR4s were processed by the old farts at the factory and the 450s were run through faster machines. Isn't the charge and cup thickness the same with the 450, 41 and BR primers?

I thought (bad idea) that the BR4s were processed by the old farts at the factory and the 450s were run through faster machines. Isn't the charge and cup thickness the same with the 450, 41 and BR primers?
Br4 has the 400 level of priming compound with the thicker cup material of the 450.

Reactions: Rocketvapor