• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CCI LR Military Primers??? Same as Large rifle???

SuperXJeff

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2008
Oregon
What is the real deal on the CC1 military large rifle primers? Just as good as normal large rifle? Why cheaper? Less flashy packaging? Need to know before I buy a bunch. Jeff

Re: CCI LR Military Primers??? Same as Large rifle???

Demand is the reason.

They *used* to be more expensive than even CCI's BR primers.

The only difference I'm aware of with the "military" series of primers is the harder cup.

Harder cups.
Power equivalent to #250s (CCI's Large Rifle Magnum).
Not impressively accurate in any .308 load I've tried, with higher than normal velocity variations with IMR 4895, RE15 and Varget.

Same experience with the small rifle (#41) and Varget loads in an accurate .223 - hot primer, not too accurate for me.

YMMV, but I'll reserve the rest of mine for the rattle guns.

Dunno why they're cheaper, maybe less in demand right now....

+1, Ive been told the same thing. The cups are harder to prevent slam fires in automatic weapons with floating firing pins.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RECKON SO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1, Ive been told the same thing. The cups are harder to prevent slam fires in automatic weapons with floating firing pins. </div></div>

Bingo! Plus, they have more positive ignition in less than perfect conditions.