• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CCI Quiet 22 ammo

SHWILL

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2007
Eads, TN
Anyone tried the new CCI quiet ammo? Need something better than CB shorts for the back yard. Have a couple cans pending, but they still may be awhile.

Re: CCI Quiet 22 ammo

I hear ya brother. I got some cb shorts and cb longs that I have been trying in my back yard. I heard about the CCI quiet 40grn but I can't find any in stock. None of my local shops have any darn it.

2m6qp7n.jpg

super Colobris in a lever action are awesome!!

CCI Subsonic HP 40gr is "quiet" enough for me.

I plugged in a BC of 0.134 and it's actually doing well at distance.

Best Regards

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Missed the link...they are round nose. That sucks.
frown.gif

There hollow point in the subsonic is very effective. </div></div>
Dont let that turn you off. You can turn them into hollow points.

Looks like everyone is "out of stock" on the CCI quiet ammo.

Probably still to loud for my application. I need suppressor quiet

Aguila Super Colibri 20g ammo. Suppressor quiet out of a decent length .22 bolt rifle without a can needed. I've had people in the next yard over roughly 30 yards away working in the yard and they didn't know I was shooting off my porch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SHWILL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking for Aguila Super Colibri 20g locally. </div></div>

Good luck...the only place I ever remember seeing any Aguila ammo locally is Sportsman's Warehouse in Southaven. I would call down there and check before I rode down there though.

If you can handle dealing with it, I saw a billboard the other day that said there was a gun show soon at the Agricenter and you may be able to find some there. I think its the weekend after Easter.

SHWILL, I might have missed this because I have been drinking this evening, but what exactly are you shooting at in your yard that you need it quiet?

Here's the box of fun that showed up at my house last week.
22.jpg

I shoot 1.5" targets at 100 yards easy with the cci subsonics once i get a good wind gauge. Very good, very quiet ammo. I don't see how the quiet stuff could really be that much different in SPL.

I just buy it because my savage mkii shoots it very well.

Please note that taping a shampoo bottle to your barrel to make it quiet is highly illegal.

pyplynr, we are both from Oklahoma. We should get together and I will help you shoot up all that ammo ha ha ha.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's the box of fun that showed up at my house last week.
22.jpg
</div></div>

I have its twin unopened.

Don't know for sure, but I had my local guy ask about the "Quiet" .22 to order he said somthing like 22$ a box for 50....to much dinero for me..havn't seen any in person..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beretta989</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you want to kill something DEAD and still be uber quiet the only CCI round I shoot are these! http://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?use=1&loadNo=0074</div></div>

I agree, I was amazed at the effectiveness of those quick-shot rounds. Started with squirrels, DRT. Moved up to crows, 80% DRT, the rest just flop around on the ground for a bit.

Extremely quiet for the energy it's giving. 1/2" at 50 yards out of a 39A. Very consistent. Reasonably priced from Midway with a coupon when available. I've tried put near everything. I LOVE this stuff.

eve1dh.jpg

As posted above, was not that quiet in my Savage TRR SR bolt gun.

However, I did find something it was very quiet in.

Shot from an AR w/ .22 CMMG conversion, pretty darn quiet!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pdogsbeware</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beretta989</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you want to kill something DEAD and still be uber quiet the only CCI round I shoot are these! http://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?use=1&loadNo=0074</div></div>

I agree, I was amazed at the effectiveness of those quick-shot rounds. Started with squirrels, DRT. Moved up to crows, 80% DRT, the rest just flop around on the ground for a bit. </div></div>

This is a devastating round, and it is Plated to keep your sealed can clean.

I tried these last week. They are less noisy that the CCI SSHP, but not enough of a difference to me. It you can handle the sound of the quiet, you could probably shoot a SSHP just the same.

It was far more accurate than any CB ammo I have tried. I was getting 1.5" groups at 50 yards out of several rifles. Pretty decent smack down, shot a few feral pidgins and they fell down stone cold.

Really quiet when fired through a can!

CCI shorts kills squirrels, rabbits and black birds just fine in my Marlin XT-22. But that is at around 20 yards or less too. The shorts are pretty darned quiet too, and are not as loud as my pellet rifle. The shorts do pretty well for me and my back yard varmint control. One will usually stop them, and I'll give them another one if they are still moving!
I doubt if they would stop a racoon or a larger animal than a squirrel or rabbit!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't waste your money on Colibri's....they are for novelty only.

In long barrels I've had one get stuck half-way down the bore and unwittingly shot it out with a second round. They are not a consistent round at all.
</div></div>

Not consistent? They are literally the most accuratlely factory loaded ammunition on the planet? Every single round contains exactly 0.0000 grains of powder?

They are not meant to be fired out of a long barrel, they make this quite clear. At some point its the shooters responsibility to apply a little logic. A 40 gr round being pushed by a rimfire primer is not exactly going to break any chrono records.

Im curious for anyone who has shot this new 'quiet ammo' is it quieter then Suber Colibiris, because if that's the case that's insane. The SC are almost as quiet as my air rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rifleman1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CCI shorts kills squirrels, rabbits and black birds just fine in my Marlin XT-22. But that is at around 20 yards or less too. The shorts are pretty darned quiet too, and are not as loud as my pellet rifle. The shorts do pretty well for me and my back yard varmint control. One will usually stop them, and I'll give them another one if they are still moving!
I doubt if they would stop a racoon or a larger animal than a squirrel or rabbit!</div></div>
absolutely ive had identical results all drt no questions, im not sure wha the other member is talking about. I think that because of they way the varmits react its very hard to tell a hit from a miss. If they are not dead then you missed even if you don't belieeve it. A head shot will kill a squirrel or rabbit no problem.
I would definaltey not shoot a racoon with one ever, its cruel and I doubt it would do the job.

I use the cci segmented subsonic hp as well out of a 2" Mark II I have suppressed as my dispatch pistol for coyotes. It does a good job on them and have been surprised how well it kills. I went to frontal shots after broadside shots were passing thru.

I have a few cases of Armscore subsonics. They may be a decent substitute for ya if you cant find the CCI's anywhere. I got them through sportsmans guide at like 25ish for 500. They work well and you miss the crack sound from them. Also they cycle my S&W mp-22 pistol pretty well. With or without the can it seems like it doesn't cycle like 1 out of 50 times or so.

They do come pre threaded and you know how awesome by rifle shoots.
beucase im the pigeon champ from last saturday