• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CCI Quiet - 5 round accuracy at 50 yards

Tempest 455

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2012
Middle TN
I saw a topic on another forum, where CCI Quiet was not that accurate.

My son and I thought we would do some video and post the results. We shot CCI Quiet at 50 yards using a Savage TRR-SR. Shot off a bipod, scope at 6X and through a can. I've tried w/o can at the range and it's the same without at this distance.

We both shot a couple 5 round groups. Mine last one was best (he often beats me) so below are the results. Group was 1.105". Had I not had the flyer, .810". I will add, we both have done much better, but this is "typical" and does illustrate, this is "decent" ammo for the intendid application. That is, backyard shooting and not ****ing off neighbors!

Earlier video of target distance. Shooting at the boxes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdhx7wnePXc

Results today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxwFQKzZPgI

Note: For comparison sake with Wolf and Eley match, this rifle has done well under MOA with a best so far of .850" at 100 yards. Also, I have shot enough of this ammo to notice, there is some deviation on the powder here and there. Every so often, you will get a loud crack.

This ammo does exactly what I want through a can. It's quieter than an air rifle, but more accurate (at longer distance) and more resistant to wind. Only drawback is, you wind up with a lot of brass on the patio!
smile.gif

Re: CCI Quiet - 5 round accuracy at 50 yards

been using CB longs for years. Found that 12 inches in barrel length is all it takes for a quiet shot. Like them in my scoped contender.

i ran the quiets through a MKII 17", they seemed pretty consistant, even more so than the rem cbee, and the cci cb longs, along with being the quietest of the three.

Quiet ammo showdown 2 - Rem CEBEE22 vs. CCI Quiet

as far as bullet design goes for critter getting, the rem cbees appears to be much better, not only by the way the design looks, but by the recovered bullets.

for paper, the remingtons had a better grouping, but there was 2 or 3 rounds out of ten that undercharged to the point that there was going to be a complete miss. the quiets had a little larger group, but less occurances when it came to those undercharged rounds, more consistantly hitting whatever you are aiming at.

I know there are better rounds for grouping. Some may have missed my point. If I wanted ultimate accuracy, I shoot Wolf or Eley. My goal was/is to be a "quiet" as possible and be reasonably accurate.

CCI Quiets through a can are literally silent. All you hear is firing pin and the bullet hit the target. As such, these rounds with the can are exactly what I was looking for. I can shoot without my neighbors knowing at all and be "almost" as accurate when I shoot better ammo, 100 yards at the range.