• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

cci subsoic won't feed in cz ?

yellowelk

Private
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2010
mo
I have a cz 452 silhouette , and i am not able to get the bolt to close when using cci subs . Any have a clue ? Every thing else works fine

Re: cci subsoic won't feed in cz ?

I have the same problem in my CZ Varmint and Scout... cci standard is subsonic and actually is a lot more accurate

I shoot the standers cci , they work fine,i like the hollow points for game ,this is my 2nd cz had no problems with the frist one, i have to many subs not able to shoot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yellowelk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a cz 452 silhouette , and i am not able to get the bolt to close when using cci subs . Any have a clue ? Every thing else works fine </div></div>
Then don't shoot that ammo. There is a pile of subsonic ammo your rifle will shoot well that doesn't say CCI on the box.

I had that happen in a Sako that I just picked up. Match chamber?! It felt like the CCI subs were too long in the case.

For game I prefer the RWS subsonics...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yellowelk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a cz 452 silhouette , and i am not able to get the bolt to close when using cci subs . Any have a clue ? Every thing else works fine </div></div>

I have a CZ452 American 16" that I got for suppressed use. It is DIFFICULT to close on CCI Subsonics but it will work. The chamber dimensions on a CZ are tight for max accuracy. And the full diameter portion of the bullet on a CCI Subsonic is LONG. I changed over to shooting CCI Standard Velocity in my 452 now and I just use the CCI Subsonic on my 10/22 and 22/45 suppressed.

I know it's a bummer but the CCI Std Vel is subsonic in all conditions I've tested so far (down to about 20 degrees).

-David
Edgewood, NM