• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CCP holding last course of the year Nov 18-21

Woj8541

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2010
Yakima, Washington
Shooters,

Central Cascade Precision will be holding the final Precision Long Range Rifle course of 2010 in Yakima, WA. The course dates are November 18-21.

There are 6 out of 10 slots remaining. If you would like to register, please visit www.ccptraining.com and use the "contact us" link. There is a complete course outline and gear list posted as well. Of course, PM's will be responded to as well.

Weather will be somewhat unpredictable, so shooters should be prepared to train in a variety of conditions as we will shoot rain or shine!

Thanks,

Re: CCP holding last course of the year Nov 18-21

Sign up for this class. I guarantee that you will be glad that you did. I have been shooting for years and I walked away with a lot of good info. Caylen has a lot of knowledge/info crammed into that "Polack" head of his. LOL. He is also an excelent teacher who delivers the course material very well and a finer fella you will not meet. As I have stated before I'm looking forward to attending his advanced class as well as his "Urban Sniper/Counter Sniper" class. Steve.

I went to Caylen's class in August IIRC and it was great. I had no formal training in long range shooting and feel that I learned alot and it was worth the cost of the travel, class, ammo and everything else. I learned alot about what works for me and what does not. Caylen was also very easy to work with and didnt make me feel like a dumbass when things didnt go as planned.

In short, take the class.

There are still four open slots remaining for the November 18-21 course.

Thanks

With a few days left we still have 3 slots available. This is going to be a great opportunity for shooters to test themselves in some colder and more adverse conditions.

Thanks

I attended the November class with 6 other shooters, which means that there's three guys out there somewhere that missed out on a great opportunity to improve their skills and knowledge. As advertised the weather was a bit challenging, but nobody allowed their discomfort to become a distraction. Other than the cold, the shooting conditions were near-ideal.

It was a good bunch of guys, similar enough in ability that the class was able to move forward together consistently. Everyone had their gear and dope pretty well sorted out on arrival, & there were no equipment issues sufficient to interrupt the tempo of the instruction.

ccp2.jpg

The daily play-by-play has been described well previously so I won't reiterate it. In general terms, the material was comprehensive, logically organized and well presented. The organizing principle was simple: Consistent results downrange depend on consistent application of sound fundamentals. All of the classroom material was supported and reinforced with well-designed drills that had to be shot correctly to be shot well. The instant feedback from the drills tightened the class' technique up & the results were apparent as we did some known-distance work out to 400 yards.

There wasn't much wind to speak of all week so we all had a chance to develop a high level of confidence in our elevation data relatively quickly. Based on that it was suggested that we forego the second day of known-distance work out to 1K and continue to develop our elevation data as we worked through the unknown distance portion of the course. That proved to be a good call; we all had an opportunity to range and shoot 4 separate UKD courses of fire as a result.

This class came highly recommended to me, and it exceeded my high expectations. Caylen knows the material cold & presents it skillfully. The crawl/walk/run model he uses requires that the foundation material be clearly understood before it is built upon, and I thought that he did an outstanding job of ensuring that there were no gaps in anyone's knowledge before moving on to new topics. We were fortunate to have several shooters with various types of industry experience in the class, and their detailed knowledge added a lot to the discussions. The range is terrific & the ability to swap the firing line from end to end added a nice element of complexity to the UKD portion of the course.

I came away from this training with a sound practical understanding of several elements of precision marksmanship that had been mostly theoretical prior to attending. I fell like I've now got a strong foundation to build on, and I'm looking forward to the Advanced course; hopefully that will include an opportunity to be "miserable" in 95 degree heat. Highly recommended.

To all you guys that stuck it out in some less than desirable conditions, my hat's off to you! Keeping a positive mental attitude is one of the keys to being a proficient long range shooter. Your PMA was most definitely tested!

Snow and 20 degree temps in the mornings tested gear and shooter alike. Amazingly we didn't see any equipment failures, besides my new stick having that extraction issue...

I'm glad you guys had a good time!