• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors CCW took a dunk today

Varmint_Poontang

Private
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2009
Bacliff, TX
Took an emergency swim today and did not have time to remove my pistol, got it cleaned up and all is good again. My question is about my ammo (.40 S&W)- I was in the water (brackish) for less than a minute, but it got me to thinking about whether or not it is worth sending the rounds down the tube or should I just dispose of them properly? I do intend to put fresh rounds in for carry, but I was just curious as to the resiliency of ammo (PDX1's to be precise).

Re: CCW took a dunk today

I had a coffee can full of reloaded 40 S&W that got left outside. The coffee can got about 1/3 full of water from melting snow before I found it.

I poured out the water and left the shell in the sun to dry. Everyone of them went off.