• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CDI bottom metal, loose?

Creature

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2007
I just got my PBR together with CDI's bottom metal and the AI mag seems to be pretty loose in the mag well. Is this normal? Everything functions fine and I'm happy with the setup, I'm just wonedring why the mag has so mauch play.

I have a FNH PBR bottom metal and mag for sale too now but post num is too low to start a thread in the EE. Just shoot me a PM if interested.

Re: CDI bottom metal, loose?

If the FN is fitted like the 700, maybe the mag latch was cut to short?

The 700 requires the user to fit the latch once torqued. Did you fit this yourself? My 700 fits nice and tight.

If the latch was cut short, the mag will not be held tight into the well and against the action.

If Jeff doesn't see this by tomorrow, I would call him.

Mark

There is supposed to be some play, otherwise you'll never get the mags in and out in a hurry. Check to see how well it functions--if there is a feeding issue, contact Jeff. If not, it is most likely working as intended. Have you ever used another rifle of any sort that uses AICS mags? My experience is that they all move around a little side to side and back to front, but NOT up and down.

THere is little or no play front to back and none up and down, its the left to right that's doing it. It's not really an issue and it works fine, just wondered if this was normal.