• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing CDI bottom metal - M5 Pattern?

NHPiper

Tactical Bagpiper
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2017
    Concord, NH
    is the CDI bottom metal for short action stocks the same inlet used on badger or KMW M5 inlets?

I own several cdi bm and they are fantastic. I however feel they are not the same. Close maybe but not the same as a m5. Probably some minor fitting would get you going.

I own several cdi bm and they are fantastic. I however feel they are not the same. Close maybe but not the same as a m5. Probably some minor fitting would get you going.
    Got it. Gentle use with a dremel? Would be curious where I would be taking material out.

Ya I don’t think it would be anything more then some dremel work and then maybe a little Devcon to bed it nicely. That’s what I would do if I had one to fit. I feel like the front is a little more square and I wouldn’t be able to confirm the depth difference without pulling them but I’m sure it’s very close. You know the bolt holes will line up so it should be easy to fit imo. Worth it also since they are great bm.

Ya I don’t think it would be anything more then some dremel work and then maybe a little Devcon to bed it nicely. That’s what I would do if I had one to fit. I feel like the front is a little more square and I wouldn’t be able to confirm the depth difference without pulling them but I’m sure it’s very close. You know the bolt holes will line up so it should be easy to fit imo. Worth it also since they are great bm.
    I have some KMW I would prefer to use, but could settle for the CDI.

Reactions: Simonsza1