• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CDI DBM on FN SPR

madd0c

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2010
South Carolina
Jeff at CDI is great to work with.
Here are some shots of the DBM on a 6.5x47 FN SPR.
Function is absolutely flawless, works fine with AI 308 mags, and I can seat the bullets way out there (2.70 COAL was no problem)...to far out there I found out, I stuck a bullet in the lands and spilled powder when I ejected the unfired round.

Here are some photos, still working up a good load, but seems to like the 139s better than the 123s so far.

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

I wouldn't hesitate to send Jeff another rifle to do, he is great to do business with and very fast. The USPS on the other hand tried to destroy the rifle on the way back to me. It was in a cheap plano hardcase inside a double layer cardboard box, and when I opened the box, PIECES OF THE HARDCASE FELL OUT! I can't believe the level of not caring that would be required to break a D#$@ hard case IN THE BOX by postal employess in a trip from ONE STATE AWAY!
Lucky the bolt and rifle were well padded in bubble wrap inside the hardcase, and no other damage than to just the case. Less than 3 weeks door to door for the whole thing, and price was very reasonable.

madd0c

Re: CDI DBM on FN SPR

looks nice. From all the pics I have seen he definitely does excellent work.

Looks great I am really liking these FN's. This forum makes me want to spend money.

I won't have time to get it installed while I am home on mid-tour, but I will be sending my next build his way for DBM before I head back here. At just over $300 installed, you really can't beat it. I'm reserving judgment of the factory DBM on my FN until I can use it, but I know I will want CDI as soon as I can swing it.

Thanks for the info from a fellow FN user.

Regards,
Greyson

Fellow SPR Owners, I recently aquired a FN SPR A1 and to date I am very pleased with its performance and I too want to equip the rifle with a 10 round box magazine capability.

I currently have 2 other rifles with CDI sytems and could not be more pleased with their performance. One option I am considering is letting Jeff at CDI do the conversion for me. But, before committing to that plan I remembered reading on this forum about FN working on a larger mag capability for the FN A1, so I contacted them and got the following from their CS Mgn.

<span style="color: #FF0000">"We have a Tactical Box Magazine for the SPR A5, these are available with either a 5 round or 10 round magazine. A Kit is supposed to be available in 2012 to convert a SPR."

Thank you!

Bob Ailes
Customer Support Manager
703-288-3500 ext. 122</span>

So if you can wait a while this may be another DBM option to consider for the SPR.

CDAT