• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CDI DBM - Stevens 200 DIY ?

Medic_01

Private
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2010
Australia
Has anyone here fitted a CDI DBM to a stevens 200 ?

I have both at home and i would like to go all DIY on it.

BUT,
i'd like to see some pics of "after" or hear the board comments, and tips, DIY links etc.

Cheers Guys

Re: CDI DBM - Stevens 200 DIY ?

mwroseberry. user list will find him. plus look in the photography section for the savage thread. guys post their pictures there. jeff at cdi only charges $60 for inletting. might be easier and cleaner as far as an install. look in the "lets solve this savage DBM" thread for a few CDI pictures.

I inleted mine with a high speed air drill I have...took forever and it tuned out so so. Im a big diy guy so i wanted to give it a shot. I would probably pay the 60 and be done if I had to do it again or I would buy a mill then do it myself.

Are you planning on using the stevens stock or do you have an aftermarket? If I was you I'd practice with your stevens stock but that stock is not made for accuracy. You can stiffen the forarm and make it a decent shooter but you'll never be able to get the full accuracy out of your rig until you upgrade the stock.

So like I said before I'd practice on your steven stock and then get the aftermarket you want and inlet it after you've had your practice.

I understand using a mag setup but for accuracy you don't want to use any kind of mag because firing rounds increases powder temp which will effect your rounds more than almost any other factor in long range shooting. In artillery 1degree in powder temperature at 12 miles equaled 200M on the deck. On my 308 I saw major impact differences in the rounds I kept in my case compaired to what I kept in my buttstock pad. Therefor I load each round as I shoot unless I'm hunting at under 300yards.

PM me if you have any questions but I'm sorry I can't be much help with DBM.

Good luck,
Merritt