• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CED M2

ksmith13

Private
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2010
Tennessee
I purchased a CED M2 and I am having problems. When you shoot through it it gives an error message that says it didn't pass over the stop sensor, but it gives me a speed. I was shooting some Tula steel case 223 and it was showing around 3000fps does that sound accurate. The rifle is a CMMG M4. Also I read that you can test the unit indoors by shooting rubber bands through it, so I put my infrared screens on it and I was getting good reading with no error message that way. Thanks in advance.

Re: CED M2

I was at 10 feet with 308 and 223. Also tried 22lr from a pistol at about 5ft and then I thought it was a sun problem so I moved it inside and tried 223 at about 8' with infrared.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yasherka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How close do you set the chrono to your muzzle? The blast could be giving you issues. </div></div>

That's what I was thinking.

Was anyone next to you shooting while you were chronographing? I have had that scenario several times as well. Also does it happen with all your weapons or just the M4.

Could also be the time of day/sun angle causing problems.

It did it with all of them, and I moved it inside and used the infrared screens. I was shooting alone.

The only other option I can think it might be, short of the CED itself being bad, is perhaps the start/stop connections being reversed. If not, get ahold of the manufacturer. It's likely they'll know what is happening.

I had the same issue...you most likely have the older software to where these issues exist in some of the older units...call them they are fully aware of these issues and will have you send in the unit and upgrade the software for free and you will be fine from there on out. Competitive Edge has great customer service and turn around times.

Thanks for all the replies. I actually shot with a frend at his private range and we hooked his older model CED Millenum up right before mine. We tried to switch all sorts of things to eliminate a bad connection or bad screens. To no avail I will call monday and see about sending it back. Thanks again