• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CEEEEGARS

Outsydlooknin75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2009
DulUth Jawja
Someone offer up something new and interesting for me to try.

Been smoking Padron 3000 maduro's but I need something new and interesting.

Re: CEEEEGARS

pipe tobacco. I switched from cigars to a pipe over the summer and enjoy it much much more.

Try a bold Zino, Fuente or Hoyo. True Cubans if you can, but you'll have to go abroad and pay a premium to get the genuine article.

If you like cigars and want to venture to a pipe (many more tobacco flavours from pipe tobacco), I recommend Rattray's Red Rapparee, Escudo Navy De Luxe or Dunhill's My Mixture 965.

Hmmmm, Padron 3000 huh? Sounds like you enjoy a little pepper, a small amount of spice, a slight leather at the end with a little toast and burnt wood on the finish.
Try a La Flor Dominicana DL-600, or a L-300 Cabinet.
You will find a little dark cherry, espresso, a slight toasty leather, a little burnt cedar on the finish.
If you want to experience the full house spice(not 'peppper', cinnamon, allspice is 'spice', 'pepperiness' is pepper) you have to try an Essencia. For a little less spice and a little more pepper try the Joya de Nicaragua Anteno '70 or Dark Corojo A '70

You know I couldn't leave this thread alone

padron family reserves
smile.gif

Tim, Id like to stick with singles to start with, Id hate to buy a full box and then not enjoy them. So singles or 5 packs for now.

Basically, more of a "tell me some of your faves, and Ill go snag one or two and see if they will join my list of go to's"

Ok, here's a short list of favorites. We smoke a lot of cigars around here, so we don't typically go for the super-premium stuff. Most of this list is on the order of $125 a box online, X2 for street prices. Strengths from mild to full.

Personally, I don't taste all the subtleties of leather or spice or whatever. I think they all taste like tobacco. If I like it, it's on the list.

Romeo and Julieta - Exhibition #3
CAO Brazilia - Any size
El Ray Del Mundo - Choix Supreme
Montecristo - Double Corona
Acid - Kuba Kuba
La Fontana - Belicoso

I usually smoke a Montie Christo Cabinet selection Torro. I also smoke the ghirkah shaggie natural maduro. give them a go round. the ghirkah is a little more harsh than the montie christo which is smooth as can be. I suggest both with a good whiskey or a rum and coke.

Have been partial to the La Unica series (especially the 100's) for quite a while. Also, if you can get ahold of them (seeing as how they're Cuban) Quinteros are IMHO the bes bang for your buck out there.

Smoking a LFD Chisel as I type.

Perdomo Gordos are good (6x60)
Ashton VSG
Patel 1961

I tried a box of the Xikar HJC gordos, they were great for about 7/8s of the cigar, then turned funky.