• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Celestron Ultima 65

captainbarred

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2009
Schenectady, NY
Hey guys,

I promised a short review with my thoughts when I got the scope and forgot about you all... I know... I deserve a banning :lol:

In any case...

I got the cheaper one without the ED glass.

I got real nervous when I opened it at first as I grabbed the zipper and it fell off in my hand. Turns out its not a big deal though as there were two zippers, so you can just zip the one all the way around to close the case.

I pulled the scope out and checked it out pretty closely, the quality is not half bad though its no Konika
smile.gif

The eye-piece comes not attached and you have to screw it into place. This is a little odd as the zoom is right on the same piece, so if you screw it in wrong, you get the zoom level under the eye-pieec, odd, but nothing to worry about...

When I got it to the range I was impressed with the clarity. For just over a C note... Impressive! I was able to see .223 holes out to 200 yards on plain white paper with ease, and my eyes are not that good!

The focus wheel is super nice and smooth so fine adjustment is easy to get a nice clear picture.

Overall its well worth the coin, and I hear the model with ED glass is even better!

IMG_1984.jpg

I threw a spare scope tri-od I had on it as it did not come with one(my only complaint).

Gets 2 thumbs up from me!!!