• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cell phone cases.

flyfisher117

Professional Milk Jug Hunter
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2010
Idaho
Sorry guys,

I thought I saw a thread like this a month ago but I can't find it.. Anyways I am getting a new phone and not sure what case to get, I don't have a lot of money Verizon snuck a nice little $40 upgrade fee into my bill so that ate up a lot of the budget I had. Would like to get a case and stay in the $40 range. Could see a text book from last semester if need be.

Getting a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I 100% need a case that is dust/dirt proof and protects the screen. Working on the farm was rough on my last phone. From dust to hay dust to just greasy fingers it did not like it all too much. I need to keep stuff out of the ports and don't want the screen getting all beat up.

If I can get one I would like one that is at least water resistant. I do enough hunting fishing dirt biking and just flat outdoorsy stuff that it would be a nice feature. Again working on the farm my phone hated me. Took an accidental spill into a ditch, didn't soak it but got it wet. A week later while fly fishing I took a drink and filled my waders with water. Didn't soak it again but got it wetter. It didn't quite work well after that.

Otter Box Defender will cover my dirt/dust but offers no protection as far as water. Lifeproof makes a case about double the price of the otter box but they get bad reviews for not being as waterproof as they claim. I don't want to double my investment if it really won't give me any extra protection. Just wanted to see if anyone has a recommendation as to any other cases I may have glanced over.

Ive used a otterbox defender for both my current S4 and my previous S3. Its pretty watter resistant and you can find good deals online if you look ($10-$25).

There is no such thing as a trully waterproof case and unless u work on a boat, I Wouldn't worry about it.

Be smart and you wont have to worry. If you are going to be around water, throw it in a small pelican waterproof case or a zip lock. No case out there will be idiot proof.