• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Cellular Trail Cam Info

jekyl

Private
Minuteman
May 29, 2013
New York
Four years ago I purchased a cellular based trail camera. I just took it out of the package, and placed at my kill plot. The brand is a Covert Scouting Camera. Due to it's age it is a 3G model. The 3G system will no longer be supported after 12/2020. Depending on how well this one works I may buy another one. I did a quick search online for other manufacturers. I do not know anyone who uses one. Does anyone here have experience with one of these? I am interested in hearing about your opinions/advice, and such regarding one of these cellular based trail cameras. Thanks in advance.

I have a few of the Spypoint with the solar panels built in. Flat out work great. The cheaper ones were sketchy. These work well with one or two bars.

Reactions: 338dude
That would be great. Meanwhile I am going to look them up. These little gems are going to spoil me. Although, I do have one spot that is kind of a pain to get into so I thought I would put one in that area. Thanks.

Link S is the model. I can screenshot some pocs for you if you want.

Golly, none of these are cheap! The Covert model is a bit cheaper, but it does not have the solar built in.

Spy point link micro can be found for $99, that is a sale price but can be found at that price quite often. Takes great pics too. I enjoy being able to see stuff live.

The original spy points I tried were terrible. Constant issues. I swapped to the spartan 4g Verizon (main service provider here) and couldn’t be happier. Super reliable.

The original spy points I tried were terrible. Constant issues. I swapped to the spartan 4g Verizon (main service provider here) and couldn’t be happier. Super reliable.
Yeah, they don't seem to have great reviews as a whole. We have had 4 of the micro's out for quite a while with no issues so far, knock on wood

I run spypoint I'm happy with them

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200209-162019_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200209-162019_Gallery.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 35
That Tactical Reveal is a decent price. Their monthly fee is not too bad either. I see the camera is currently, "Sold Out." Go figure.