• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CENTER POI NT OPTICS AND 200YDS?

Cserv

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
wherever I may roam...
I know some of you other guys run the 4-16x40. Are you able to see hits at 200 yds with this scope? If so how good? Thanks for any replies.
Eric

Re: CENTER POI NT OPTICS AND 200YDS?

I was at the range yestarday with my CZ 452 American, 22lr 16" barrel with a Centerpoint 4x-16x scope. It was 100 and 200 yards from the same bench. I was shooting Wolf MT and could see impact at 200 yards. I could also see the bullet on some shots before impact. I own four of those scopes and have had zero problems with them, they are a great range scope for sure. Or a decent piece of glass to use until you can save enough for a Nightforce/US Optics.

The glass quality is acceptable for a $79 scope.

The turrets are where it fails miserably.

Center Points are cheap in every way. I would suggest you instead look at the Vortex Crossfire 1" 6-24x50 than SWFA is selling. It's got good glass and decent turrets. It's still not even a mid-level scope, but it works fine on my 40XB for now. I have the Center Point on my Savage MkII. It will be getting replaced soon.

i have 2 4-16x centerpoints (one on a 22lr, the other on a .22 mag).

as the .22 cal holes are small in the first place, the user needs to add a bit of concentration using just about anything, but hits can definately be seen at 200 yards.

for the money, the best "economical" scope i've had.

Thanks for the replies. Went to the range this past Sunday, and stretched the .22 out to the 200yd line. Was able to see my holes between 12 and 14x, pretty well until the heat and humidity picked up. Didn't try to dial it up, as I don't know if I have enough with the set up I'm shooting, just held over after watching my first couple impacts. Had to hold around 6.5mils @ 200yds, but it works. Think I have a new range to work at. Fun sitting on the line w/ the centerfire's and having some look at me crazy. Until they see the hit's on the paper.
Eric

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cserv</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Fun sitting on the line w/ the centerfire's and having some look at me crazy.

Eric </div></div>

I get a kick out of people with that WTF look on their face when the realize that I'm shooting a .22 lr along side their big guns!
cool.gif

I use a Leapers 4-16x50 AO scope that is pritty much the same as the Centerpoint.

For the price i had many satisfactions with the scope. I have it mounted on a CZ 452 Varmint. With this optic i can shoot up to 300 meters acurately (8 of 10 shots) to a 11"x6" metal

To shot at 200 meters i can use the mildot holdovers, aprox 6 mils or dial it on the turrets. They are not as good as, the should but the error is almost minimal.

To shot at 300 meters i dial 4 mildots (arorund 14 m.o.a / 56 clicks) and set the scope in 10X and hold about 7 mildots, (remember the reticle is not a clasical 5 mildot reticle, it has 7 mils -wich makes it ideal for the .22LR caliber-)

As long as i try it the turrets hold pritty much the zero. The cristal quality is not the best, but for the money is the best scope that my market (argentinian market) has to offer.

If you want something better, and not spend to much money on a rimfire scope, go for a Bushnell Tactical 5-15x40 scope.

But i recomend this scope as the best entry level scope
smile.gif

Greetings from Argentina