• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Centerpoint 4-16 x 40 Scope

old paul

Private
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2010
Northern Ohio
Well my Urge to buy one won out yesterday and So far everything looks ok. I am going to put it on my Savage mark II this weekend. Anyone had any experience with this product on a 22lr - good or bad , I'd like your feedback.
Thanks
PS this is my first post.

Re: Centerpoint 4-16 x 40 Scope

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: old paul</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well my Urge to buy one won out yesterday and So far everything looks ok. I am going to put it on my Savage mark II this weekend. Anyone had any experience with this product on a 22lr - good or bad , I'd like your feedback.
Thanks
PS this is my first post. </div></div>

I tried one on a .223 a couple of years ago when they were first coming out. It was DOA, the turrets didn't move the reticle at all. I took it back to wally world and got a Nikon and was much happier.

There are a few threads around about these.

I've had one on my FNAR for over a month now. At first it was only expected to be on there for a week or so, just enough for me to shoot the rifle a bit before my real glass arrived. I've since decided on the Vortex Viper so the Centerpoint will see at least another couple months of duty.

I have been rather impressed with this thing. In fact, I go so far to say its probably worth twice what I paid for it. I've shot many .4 MOA groups with it, shot out to 1000 yards, dropped it, adjusted it from stop to stop multiple times, and its actually held a zero. I've also ranged with the mildots with success.

Glass is tolerable. At 16x the eye box is rather critical and if its cloudy or getting dark it gets pretty bad. Clear day, not awful. Clicks feel okay.

Is it a no shit duty scope? Of course not. Not by a long shot. However it will find a home atop my 10/22 once the Viper arrives for the FNAR.

For $70 or whatever it is it's impossible to beat. That ain't saying much...

Had one on a 17hmr and the zero would constantly go off point. Took it off because I was missing too many prairie dogs and problem solved.
smile.gif

Well I want to thank those who provided input.
Today I sighted my Centerpoint scope in and it is accurate as could be. Well worth the money so far. Getting 5 shots within a 1/2" dia circle. I could not ask for a better scope and would not hesitate to buy another.

Any of u guys know what the subtension between dots is? Sounds like if somebody did some ranging with it it must be 3.6 IPHY between dots I'm assuming--correct? Also questioned it because there are 6 Mil units of subtension in each quadrant, so...?

I went ahead and bought a Centerpoint as well. I will eventually pass this one along to my wife and kiddos when I can afford to build exactly what I want. I will be building from the 10PC platform.

I was very surprised about this scope. For the money, it is really pretty dang nice!! I used the parallax adjustment to range out the gas station sign from my house, and it was pretty much freakin DEAD ON!!

Elevation and windage turrents have a little bit of slack to them, but what do you really expect from a $69 scope?? The clicks as crisp and audible, and so far seem to be doing their job pretty well.

I got this scope to complete my hunting rifle, and I am glad that I did. It seems to be a keeper so far... and it was CHEAP!!

DK

Stvns004.jpg

I hate to admit it, but I also have a centerpoint scope on my 30-06.
I got it from a pawn shop for $50 it was sitting on a 22 Mag, so I figured it wasnt in bad shape.
I bought it originally for my 22lr but since I am also waiting on a scope or 2, I stuck it on my 30-06.
Got it sighted in, zero'd, and so far its been a real trooper!
Ive killed 5 beavers from about 200 yrds (they were destroying the river bank trees).
I shot each beaver dead in the head each time, scope didnt move off sight or anything.

I took the beavers to the taxidermist.
Anyway, the scope is doing surprising well, so I would say, for the money, its worth it.

Im just amazed this little scope is holding up to my 30-06.
I expected it to break at some point, but it hasnt.

SS,
I happened to call crossman and a Cameron there told me it was 3.6" @ 100 yd. Mine has 7 in each quadrant. Shoots good so far. People at the range are just full of complinents, I don't tell them that I an shooting those groups with a $250 rifle, $70 scope and federal Value pack. I just thank them.

i've had 2 of them. the first on a cheap 243 that held up great for 3 years then sold it with the gun. the next i got at a pawn shop like new for $35. it's on my marlin 17hmr and is working great. i really don't think it can be beat by anything in the up to $150ish range.
DSCN2089.jpg

shooting off the bipod at 100yds with various ammo types.
DSCN2092.jpg

I had owned that as my first scope. It was pretty good am I lobed the illuminated reticle. I had it on my Savage 30.06 but sold it with the rifle. It was great but after a while on a 30.06 the turrets wouldn't move that accurately. It's a great platform to start off.

I threw one on a Stevens 200 in .223 I bought my brother for Christmas and it as been just dandy for plinking and Pdogs. It is clear enough to see a Pdog at just over 500, so I'm pretty pleased for the cost. I was expecting to be disgusted, but it really has been fine.

If they offered one of these in a 30MM tube with a side focus... I would more than likely have one on my new build!! Seriously!!

DK

Ran one on my APA Quad for a few trips. Not bad at all for the cash but I hate not having side parallax. Will be putting it back on for when I send in the Falcon for repair though. Damn wish I had the dough for a Premier. Someday soon hopefully.

Got the next size larger (?4-22?) at Wallyworld for the bolt 22, 600+ rounds later it is still a good scope, and a lot better glass than BSA's

Well, I got to spin the turrents on this thing yesterday just messing around... Holy Cow... for a $69 scope, I am impressed!!

There is a total of 74MOA of adjustment to play with!! I would challenge just about anyone with another scope to do better than this for the price!! I will be purchasing another one for my boy's .22lr soon. It will definately outdo the junk Tasco he has on there now.

DK

Have one on a Savage Mark II, love it so far. Only thing I like better for the price is the Savage Mark II. Incredible accuracy.