• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Central Alabama pigs

spradley

Private
Minuteman
May 13, 2012
Leeds, Alabama
Killed these two yesterday at 6:20pm
Browning A-bolt composite stalker 25-06 w/boss
My handloads, nosler 100gr partition (3200fps)
dropped both in their tracks at 50yds standing position.
photo.jpg

Re: Central Alabama pigs

There were six originally and I was able to get two.
Alabama is quickly becoming a pig zone.. I'm amazed how close these are living to housing subdivisions etc..

Interestingly enough I had left the shooting house because the feeder did not go off. Was heading towards the feeder when six came into it expecting it to go off.. I had to drop my gear and make both shots standing at 50yards. Not how I wanted to do it but it worked out.

Hate to say this but wish I had some hogs to shoot if I did there would be a corn pile out at 1150yrds right now and my 300 would be happy

How far south do the pigs go in Alabama ? I have a good buddy in Spanish Fort that I'm going to visit soon . I'd love to do a bit of pig shooting if there are any around ....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longspring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> How far south do the pigs go in Alabama ? I have a good buddy in Spanish Fort that I'm going to visit soon . I'd love to do a bit of pig shooting if there are any around .... </div></div>

Far as I know the more South you go in Alabama the better..
Closer to Florida and Mississipi Delta the better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 87dixieboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hate to say this but wish I had some hogs to shoot if I did there would be a corn pile out at 1150yrds right now and my 300 would be happy </div></div>

Where are you in Alabama? These pigs were killed just off Hwy 280 and interstate 459. Very near the city of Vestavia city limits.

I live in dothan about 20 minutes from the florida line

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 87dixieboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I live in dothan about 20 minutes from the florida line </div></div>

I heard Dothan was covered up with pigs especially around the peanut farms..
I'll be down there in early December for a bowling tournament. Would love to get on a pig shoot while there.

With the crops and the rain we've had lately the hog hunting has been good. We got on some last night and had 5 confirmed kills out of 6 that we saw. One left with a few more holes than he was born with but got away. Put up a few pics in the photo gallery. They are rough on farmers and can screw up a good deer hunt but they sure are fun to spot and stalk.

Well nobody that I know has hogs. My hunting lease where I do my long range shooting and deer hunting is in elba on the pea river and it doesn't even have them. If it did then I would have already tested out bergers new 230 otms

It really depends on where you are in AL on if you are going to have hogs. Most people are within an hour of hogs though.

Gary- You'd better be careful shooting those things off of feeders unless you have the proper permits. Some CEO's will give you a costly reminder...