• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Central Kentucky Precision rifle match

69ls

Private
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2019
I am thinking about having a PRS match at my personal range. I had one with a few friends two weeks ago and had a blast. I might do another one and let a few more people come. We can shoot out to 1371 yards. I will have 8 to 10 stages and will be 6 rounds per station. Making it a 48 to 60 round match. I have all ar500 targets but I will not allow any magnum rounds. I was putting this out there just to see if there is any local members interested in shooting here. If it goes well I might start doing it once a month. I am doing this one as a trial base. If a few of you are interested let me know I can’t handle a bunch of people right now so I would like a few to come and give me your thoughts on my range. I live in Leitchfield Ky which is located in south central Ky. I also would like any thoughts on the pros and cons of having a rifle match

Last edited:
I'm not a mod but I did stay at a shitty hotel last night, you might have better luck posting in the tactical shooting area.

I do this once every blue moon in central VA on my farm and I try to invite Hide shooters as well. I would say keep the numbers small - you are risking a lot for little in return. We typically do 10 or so stages but I limit it to 2 rounds or so per target - you miss on your first, send a follow-up and that is it.

best luck.

I think that's pretty cool OP, I'm a little more than an hour from you.

I just have a basic 308 rifle, and a couple of 223s, doubt I could make any real long shots, but it sounds fun!

I think that's pretty cool OP, I'm a little more than an hour from you.

I just have a basic 308 rifle, and a couple of 223s, doubt I could make any real long shots, but it sounds fun!

I’m betting if you show up, that you will have more than a few people willing to let you shoot their rifles. Of course you could always try and stretch that .308 out. ?

Reactions: Luvman
Yeah, I'd be interested. My 308 has just a 4 round internal box round magazine. I don't mind single loading it, wouldn't be the fastest, but it works.