• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Central/Northern AZ members...

Joshf303

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2013
SoTx
Looking to relocate to the Prescott/ Prescott Valley area from S Tx.

Who's in the area and can shed some light on local club matches, ranges, etc?

Reactions: Jgunner
Google be yo friend. Doesnt seem to be much like Rifles Only but I bet oe of the stores listed can turn you onto some LR places.

www.yelp.com › searchThe Best Gun/Rifle Ranges near me in Prescott, Arizona - Yelp

• Prescott Shooting Range and Gun Club. 4.8 (42 reviews) This is a placeholder. “This is an excellent Gun Range. The owners, Pete & Val are so very helpful & knowledgeable.”
  • Gunfighter Canyon - Indoor Shooting Experience. 5.0 (19 reviews) Williams. This is a placeholder. “This was one of the better indoor gun ranges I've been to.
  • Simply Rugged Holsters. 5.0 (1 review) This is a placeholder. “I searched high and low for a holster for my Lady Smith & Wesson 38 Special to conceal carry inside different purses.
  • Pronghorn Precision. 4.0 (1 review) This is a placeholder. “Doing a Gun Genie through Davidson

Last edited:
Reactions: Joshf303
I'm not on Facebook, but this is a good place to start for match stuff - In Phoenix:
And range for longer stuff:

Not sure about Prescott specifically.

Looking to relocate to the Prescott/ Prescott Valley area from S Tx.

Who's in the area and can shed some light on local club matches, ranges, etc?

I live in prescott the two "ranges" here are tiny, most people shoot in the blm/national forest. It's closed for fire danger from around may to august.

The precision clubs and shoots are all down in the valley.

Big thing here is offroading especially RZRs.

They're developing like crazy one of the places I shoot has houses going up maybe a mile or two away so it'll likely be closed off by the forestry service eventually.

I'm not on Facebook, but this is a good place to start for match stuff - In Phoenix:
And range for longer stuff:

Not sure about Prescott specifically.
Cowtown looks really cool, thanks.

Gunsite is just north on the main road out or prescott, located in paulden/chino valley. they do prs matches and 22 matches.

Its not a range though, but tons of land to stretch out if you want.

In addition to AZPR and the matches held at Gunsite, Yuma MatchMasters holds matches in Yuma AZ which is about 4 hours from Prescott.

We host NRL22/X, Gas Gun, SIG NRL Hunter One and PRS Outlaw matches.

Yuma Valley Precision Rifle on FB.

Thanks for all the responses…

Good to hear from some locals, as that’s what I was after instead of a broad Google search.

Keep it coming!

Reactions: BCP
Thanks for all the responses…

Good to hear from some locals, as that’s what I was after instead of a broad Google search.

Keep it coming!
Prescott valley has a range, but it might just be trap and skeet. I just noticed it the other day on the 69.

Cowtown looks really cool, thanks.
Its a private range you can be a member on. Tons of steel already out, covered shooting platforms, it just gets hot af for 4 or more months a year. Gotta watch out for donkeys(protected). But its bad ass.

They are putting a state sponsored range off the i17 with elr capabilities.

Then there is Ben Avery which has 1,000 yard rows, but i think you need to be certified or some shit first. I cannot recall. This is north phoenix, which is about an 1:15 from prescott.

Reactions: Joshf303 and BCP
Is there a calendar of matches at Gunsite? I couldn't find shit on their website except training classes and range days that require you take a class first.

Is there a calendar of matches at Gunsite? I couldn't find shit on their website except training classes and range days that require you take a class first.
Ill ask my buddy when he comes back. They had a training and prs match in the same day. It just fell on day i couldnt make it

Reactions: helidave69