• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Central PA New Guy

rowjimmy

Private
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2022
PA
Greetings Distinguished Members of SH!

I wanted to introduce myself. I'm hoping to learn a lot here as I embark upon my latest shooting hobby. I've shot competitive pistol, three gun, and a few run n guns for a number of years and am just getting back into shooting after a two year hiatus. I wanted to try my hand at precision rifle.

I don't live too far from Mifflin County Sportsmans Club in central PA and have shot there a good bit, usually only to 5-600 yds, the limits of my current rifles. I'm sure some of you have been there and maybe even taught classes there.

I tried to do some reading and talk to some people and opted to get a Tikka T3x Tac A1 in 6.5 Creedmor for my first precision rifle. Reading some reviews here, I bough a Harris bipod since it was half the cost of an Atlas and seemed to be a decent piece of gear. I still haven't bought glass or mounts. A lot of folks seem to recommend a lot fo different things, and an $800 Vortex is quite a bit more economical than a $2k Steiner if it will do the job.

I've got dies and some 140 gr ELD's on the way as well as some honorary 140 gr match ELD factory ammo to get me started.

I am always interested in shooting so if you're in central PA and want to make a range trip, let me know.

Reactions: DustBun
Greetings Distinguished Members of SH!

I wanted to introduce myself. I'm hoping to learn a lot here as I embark upon my latest shooting hobby. I've shot competitive pistol, three gun, and a few run n guns for a number of years and am just getting back into shooting after a two year hiatus. I wanted to try my hand at precision rifle.

I don't live too far from Mifflin County Sportsmans Club in central PA and have shot there a good bit, usually only to 5-600 yds, the limits of my current rifles. I'm sure some of you have been there and maybe even taught classes there.

I tried to do some reading and talk to some people and opted to get a Tikka T3x Tac A1 in 6.5 Creedmor for my first precision rifle. Reading some reviews here, I bough a Harris bipod since it was half the cost of an Atlas and seemed to be a decent piece of gear. I still haven't bought glass or mounts. A lot of folks seem to recommend a lot fo different things, and an $800 Vortex is quite a bit more economical than a $2k Steiner if it will do the job.

I've got dies and some 140 gr ELD's on the way as well as some honorary 140 gr match ELD factory ammo to get me started.

I am always interested in shooting so if you're in central PA and want to make a range trip, let me know.
Myself and another friend run the Mason Dixon PRS series and have branched out to Mifflin. We’re there a good bit and if you ever need help or have a questions, don’t hesitate to ask. Not sure if your looking into competition but even if you aren’t, always happy to help out other shooters.

Welcome. If you're shooting at Mifflin, you need the 9-13" bipod. Black Hat Training had me hitting the 1050 yd steel after a morning of classroom and an afternoon of shooting (with a stock 5R, Harris bipod and a Vortex Viper PST scope).

Reactions: rowjimmy