• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Central Va people! Trying to find a Leupold MK 6

Tanman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2009
Richmond, VA
I think I've decided on a Leupold MK 6 1-6x for my "do it all" optic for my AR. Problem is, I can't decide between the TMR-D and CMR-W reticles. I will shoot different loads (XM193, M855, MK262 as well as hand loads when I get the press and dies), so I'm leaning towards the TMR-D since it's not a BDC type reticle, but I've read the thicker rings around the center obscure some of the target at higher magnifications, losing some precision.
Basically, I would really like the chance to look through the scope in person before I drop the money on one reticle over the other.. $2K is a big purchase for me.
Does anyone know a store in VA (I'm in Richmond, but am down near the beach and up near D.C. kind of often) that has these on the shelf? Or even somebody own one that I could check out?
I also drive up to NYC for work every once and a while, so I could also stop off if there is a place near 95 N between Richmond and NYC.
Thanks for any info.