• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Central Virginia Tactical still in business?

glock24

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 14, 2006
    West Michigan
    I e-mailed them twice this week and both times it was kicked back as undeliverable.

I called and left a message, but no return call yet.

Just curious if anyone knows their status.

Thanks

Re: Central Virginia Tactical still in business?

I spoke to Vern about (2) weeks ago. He sounded o.k. but he does have some health issues catching up with him. You may want to try getting to him through Snipers Paradise.

Getting through to Vern lately is a pain since hes out in the field all the time...he said its alot easier to just pick up the phone and call..

Yep, Vern's been busy. Calling is the best shot, he's pretty ragged when he gets home, and still has family waiting.

He's danged sure still carrying on though.
    smile.gif

I spoke to him like a week ago. It took him a few days to reply so I imagine he is a bit bogged down. We spoke of training for May, so I suspect CVT is still in business. That is all.

He is still in business!!

He is on the range full time!!

He is booked pretty solid!!

He doesnt get good cell reception at the range only in a few spots!!

He will be more then happy to answer any questions you may have and he is a great guy.

I got a reply e-mail from Vern ([email protected]). He answered all my questions professionally and seemed enthusiastic about my business.

CVT is at the top of my list of choices.

Thanks SH

you will be extremely happy with the amazing training that you receive there.

mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mbandy13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you will be extremely happy with the amazing training that you receive there.

mike </div></div>
    What Mike Said. Vern is top notch.

Where in central VA is he located?

Give him a call and see if he is available!!

Saw Vern this past weekend and he is deffinitly still taking clients.
    The county rezoned the area that he was using before and now it is considered a hunt club.
    So, he is back in buisness and able to use the same range.

Anyone that is able to take advantage of this training should jump on it while they can.
    http://www.centralvirginiatactical.com/CVTcontact.htm

Vern's program is top notch!

We shot with Vern during the first week of July, and he is still going strong. We did the "Advanced Long Range Tactical Rifle" course with him. GREAT class, BTW, and well worth it.

Vern is an excellent instructor and really understands the science. His ability to dope wind is amazing. I'm going to get back down there in late August or early September, and am confident that he has a lot more to offer and this trip will be a great time as well.

He has (at least) three places to shoot with students. One spot between his house and Louisa, where he can get to 900 or so, another nearby spot he's used in the past (probably the one that was rezoned as per Dr. Phil) and a third spot out in the mountains, about two hours from his home.

He is putting the finishing "touch" on (2) warriors about to be deployed. He is still training.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Remmy700</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody that really wants to walk the walk and not just talk about long range and tactical shooting must go train with Vern. I don't care if you are a military or LE sniper, been shooting since before you could drive (me) or just think you can shoot. I hate being "taught" anything but Vern has a way of teaching that is hands on and practical. I have been there a couple times and as soon as it cools off a bit weather wise I'm heading back for more advanced training. If you are going to head down, book ahead. They do get backed up especially with training all the military guys. Central Virginia Tactical </div></div>

Hey Remmy have you ever trained anywhere else and or have any formal sniper training?

Dont get me wrong Vern is among the most giving , patriotic people you will ever come across and he is a great teacher and i can go on saying many greta things about him, but your comment about walking the walk is foolish!!

If you wanna walk the walk enlist in the military, serve your country and thats walking the walk.

Now when it come's to learning about ranging, wind calling, reloading and marksmanship then you are dead on saying that you are learning from a great guy that has walked the walk.

In addition if you want to be a well rounded shooter learning from multiple sources will make you better and not make you one dimensional.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frankly I don't defer to anyone about my shooting ability.</div></div>

Hmm. I've been shooting for about 50 years. I defer to lots of people with respect to my shooting ability, whether with a handgun, a shotgun, a carbine, a small-bore rifle, or a precision rifle. Or, for that matter, with a BB gun

Anyone who doesn't know someone better than they are must not get out much.

Did he REALY just say that? To Lindy?

Move over, I've got the pop corn and frosty beverages.

Cheers,

Doc

OH MAN,

Here comes ONE Regulation HARD CORE S%$T STORM........... Forgive him Father, he knows not what he did.........

I'm going to be ducking for cover with Movie Munchies and frosty beverages in hand......

Hey Remmy whats your shooting background and have you ever had any other formal training at a school?

Actualy, Lindy has way too much class and decorum to break him down to a proper level. That being said he IS a Marine and every now and then..........

Cheers,

Doc

Actually, that post was like a fly dropped in front of a trout, to see how the new guy would respond. And now I know that I needn't pay attention to anything he posts. It's a good thing to know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Remmy700</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's why I liked training with Vern so much. <span style="font-weight: bold">Never talked s*#t, humble</span>, honest, knew his skills. </div></div>

Maybe you should have tried to learn more from him than just shooting skills.

Remmy,

You obviously have <span style="font-weight: bold">NO</span> idea to whom or what you're talking about. Glad you think so highly of Vern, he's a nice guy. But Vern will be the first to tell you that the sun doesn’t rise and set with him and that there are equally capable shooters/instructors out there (Jacob Bynum, TJ Pilling, Bill Davison, Bobby Whittington, Clint Smith, etc). He'll also tell you that failure to keep an open mind to new people and ideas can be a detriment to your training.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Remmy700</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Most of all he needs to earn my trust and be honest.</div></div>

Sorry, but you’re going to have to explain this one. Trust is a two way street and where was he dishonest? You’re the one that came out swinging with the “Holier than Thou” crap. I’ve always know someone better at something than myself, and evidently Vern is better than you since you’re going back. Otherwise, you’d be teaching Vern how to shoot.

Remmy700
    you have direspected well known and respected shooter's here,You should stand down.

What you need to LEARN is to overcome that voice in your head that makes you get on here and act a fool before you even know who you are talking with.

That is some excellent advice. Take it.

From the constructive criticism department:

You are correct that you did not attack any ONE; you attacked just about everyone. You might think about re-reading the first 2 sentences in your second post on this thread. You may have been well intentioned but a critical read of these sentences tells everyone that no matter their experience level they don't know what they are doing unless they've trained with Vern. I believe you launched the first salvo even if it was unintentional.

I would bet that the remainder of your first post actually conveyed your intended meaning. I also bet that you would have received considerably different feedback from the other posters if you had left off the first 2 sentences.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Remmy700</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, but I try and respect my elders. Also, I figured maybe Lindy is an Obama supporter and that's why he is so cranky and lost for meaning in his posts. That probably explains the need for help too and the lack of experience with firearms and need for advisers. If I am going to defer to <span style="font-style: italic">anyone</span> it's someone who has proven himself to be skilled in his particular field and just doesn't talk BS. Most of all he needs to earn my trust and be honest. That's why I liked training with Vern so much. Never talked s*#t, humble, honest, knew his skills. </div></div>

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over?

I am pretty sure I heard that Vern retired.

Vern is still training, but he is in the process of turning over the operation to another individual.

Jerry

I will be training with Vern in a couple of weeks, if you are interested in training with him I would make arrangements soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike4045</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will be training with Vern in a couple of weeks, if you are interested in training with him I would make arrangements soon.</div></div>
    Is this on a one on one basis of training? Or is he having a class?