• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up central WA

Erron

Private
Minuteman
May 3, 2009
Ellensburg,WA/Puyallup
I was wondering if there are any people that shoot near the ellensburg yakima area. I come home in late august but i really dont know anyone who shoots long range.
Erron

Re: central WA

Fellas... I'm always on the lookout for shooters... I don't really have any spots on your side of the mountains... but would certainly venture out, if anyone was down... You may also want to check out www.westcoasttactical.com quite a few Dry Sider's hang out there... we also have a "Wet Side" thread (SHWW Group: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=960995#Post960995)... you guys are more than welcome to jump in there, and coordinate shoots or join us for one... it's not meant to be exclusive... hell it takes me a lot longer to drive to Forks than E-berg.
wink.gif

I also dropped a line to Ranger1183... he's in your neck of the woods... maybe he'll make an appearance here...

Thanks tribe there is a spot close to eburg that has steel at a grand and i am getting some steel to haul out with my quad so maybe we can make it happen.

Nice... I've got some steel and some hangers... and will travel! ....no B.S.
wink.gif

C

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Erron</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks tribe there is a spot close to eburg that has steel at a grand and i am getting some steel to haul out with my quad so maybe we can make it happen.</div></div> if you've got a spot with steel targets out to 1000yds i'd road trip it over your way for sure. shoot me a message when you're back

After my whining about long hours, I have to admit that my job takes me to some pretty cool locations. Found an excellent place to shoot near Stampede Pass, with distances from 400 to 2000+ with good visability and wind mostly from behind --- not as far to travel as the coast for most of us. I'll try and post the pics later.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longeyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After my whining about long hours, I have to admit that my job takes me to some pretty cool locations. Found an excellent place to shoot near Stampede Pass, with distances from 400 to 2000+ with good visability and wind mostly from behind --- not as far to travel as the coast for most of us. I'll try and post the pics later. </div></div>

I am up in the Omak area and shooting over from my side to near Stampede Pass would be very doable.

hey i was wondering if anyone wanted to set up a time to go shooting towards the end of august 25th or later? Just got back to states but i got a school for a few weeks in august.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longeyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After my whining about long hours, I have to admit that my job takes me to some pretty cool locations. Found an excellent place to shoot near Stampede Pass, with distances from 400 to 2000+ with good visability and wind mostly from behind --- not as far to travel as the coast for most of us. I'll try and post the pics later. </div></div>

Longeyes, what are the GPS coordinates to this new location? PM me if you want to keep them under the radar.

Great shooting with you! I had a fantastic time and hope you did as well.

Sounds like this spot might be our Hunting Season spot.....ehh there Longeyes? Hell it is just fuel and diesel is actually cheaper than gas right now....

+1700! I'm in! Someone get a piece of steel a tad larger than 10"x14"!

I can't have Tribe <span style="font-weight: bold">CONSTANTLY</span> showing me up with his un-modified .308 shooting +1000 yards against me and my custom built .260 Tactical! I know, I know. "Operator Error"!

grin.gif

Well guys I'm in Bremerton - Tribe where are you at?

Buddy of mine is trying to get me over to the east side to go shoot at Rattlesnake...

But, first week of August I'll be out shooting, all of August is free....

Can we get under the 1700 mark...like maybe 1400 first...or is it a 1700 starting point.....might be game on if I can get ahlold of more powder!!!

As 1911 said, the Wenatchee range is pretty good. You can shoot off the "slab" to 1700 sometimes (probably not during fire season), and out to 950-1200 most of the time. There are definitely some unknowns in the Clockum...JLR and I have shot out to 2000yd up there and there are some shots that could go farther.

I have a few places local that I can get out to 1500, but it depends on if Weyco has the gates open or not.

Where & when you guys set up a location let me know.
I'll be needing field come-ups for my bolt .223 beyond 500 yards very soon.

Thanks,
Stu

+1
Someone throw a game-plan out there & count me in!
grin.gif

Arctic... I'm in the Redmond/Issaquah area... lots faster to get to Wenatchee than PA! But I ain't complainin'...
wink.gif

If we can match a similar campout like we did this last weekend....I can crew a total of 4 comfortably with my canopy on it is a dry lockable gear/rifle carrier....could bring Blackwidow, Rotor, and maybe one more??? Fuel 4 ways from out here would be killer!!!

Leaning towards the same thing Tribe said.

I might be down, Depends on the dates though. And if i rode with joe, I would pay 1/4 of the fuel bill. The E berg site sounds pretty interesting, way more centralized than some of the other proposals.

CJG

Personally I would like to know more info about the Ellensburg location ?

Can we put steal out in increments ?
If so I have a pile of steal targets.
Lasttime I inventoried them seems to me about 25 of them.
From 5"x5" up to 18"x18"

The only thing I don't have are target stands.....but this can be easily be taken care of by rebar & whatnot.

I'll snap a picture of the targets I just got back from my buddy for the WCT steel challenge we had up North by Kettle Falls.

Edited to add: this is the R & D .223 that I will be needing the come-ups for past 500 yards;
R_D_223_a.JPG

FWIW,
Stu

I'll get the lat/longs tomorrow and post em---there are several good spots to camp near the shooting area with a creek as a part of the camping areas---good back drops for pistol shooting as well. My favorite perch has room for about 4 shooters comfortably but the area has lots of excellent options needing only some imaginations to set up multiple shooting scenarios

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longeyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll get the lat/longs tomorrow and post em---there are several good spots to camp near the shooting area with a creek as a part of the camping areas---good back drops for pistol shooting as well. My favorite perch has room for about 4 shooters comfortably but the area has lots of excellent options needing only some imaginations to set up multiple shooting scenarios </div></div>

I wouldnt post the location in the open here. How about anyone interested, just PM you and you give it out that way. We dont know who all reads these posts and before you know it, these places get trashed out and closed down. I think the Elensberg location could be a winner due to the location and the backdrops sound good.

CJG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedMan*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Edited to add: this is the R & D .223 that I will be needing the come-ups for past 500 yards;
R_D_223_a.JPG

FWIW,
Stu
</div></div>
Nice shot
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rotortuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longeyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll get the lat/longs tomorrow and post em---there are several good spots to camp near the shooting area with a creek as a part of the camping areas---good back drops for pistol shooting as well. My favorite perch has room for about 4 shooters comfortably but the area has lots of excellent options needing only some imaginations to set up multiple shooting scenarios </div></div>

I wouldnt post the location in the open here. How about anyone interested, just PM you and you give it out that way. We dont know who all reads these posts and before you know it, these places get trashed out and closed down. I think the Elensberg location could be a winner due to the location and the backdrops sound good.

CJG </div></div>
+1
eek.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldnt post the location in the open here. How about anyone interested, just PM you and you give it out that way.</div></div>

PM me the lat/long please. Are we talking this weekend?

1911fan

I am on hold or a few weeks at least....lack of powder.....rifle is going in for paint today also....just some catch up so I can't make it but don't let that stop anybody.

Targets.JPG

"Have targets will travel".

I have some out on my range still but this is the pile of targets I was talking about in my earlier post.

Stu

Redman...I have a bunch of that type of rubber mat....what did you use to cut it? I have used a sawsall and a jig saw but both seem to take forever....how about a pic of your hanger? Looks like the loops just slip around the crossbar of the hanger?

Below: 4' piece of threaded bar stock with 4 pieces of 2x2 for legs.
500_yard_targets.JPG

I have used rebar & some home-made brackets that mount on top of T-posts.

I use a sheet rock square & a box knife to cut. Score about 4 times then put a 4x4 under it and fold the belt. This will open up the scored area, then cut with box knife till done.
Usually takes about 10 cuts total to make.

Stu

This weekend is too soon for me too, this last weekends shoot was a big one and i think most of us are still tired. haha.

August 22nd & 23rd?

CJG

I have a bunch of stuff comming up next month and the fact that the wife works everyother weekend so I will play it by ear and see when this pans out.

Stu

Brother Travis,
there was more than one person shooting the 338LM @ the WCT steel challenge.

1 of my small 5"x5" targets has some dimples in it, but other than that they are good to go.

Stu

Careful with the 338LM.....the splat is either 30-06 w/ 178 Amax or a 270WSM 140 SGK....the hole is the 338LM....all hits at 600 yards...steel is at least 1/4 maybe 5/16".

100_3546.jpg

100_3547.jpg

I was looking at weekend after this one but more for solid evaluation than any thing else. Like maybe with a couple of folks to look things over and come up with some sort of game plan if the area looks good.

longeyes...

I'm likely down for doing some scouting or whatnot, the weekend of the 1st...

Was back out in the Stampede Pass area today----waaay hot and dry-the forest service has put a real clamp on our maintenance ops in the area--does any body know how the fire reg stuff effects shooting activities in the Nat'l forests? Ive asked some folks but usually get the same response---"I Dont Know" and I dont want to push the officials in charge of the area. The corridors Ive been looking at still continue to look promisiing and also looking at some clear cuts in the area

I think the part where the forest service says "it's ok to shoot, but if you start a fire [intentionally or not] you're responsible" is enough to scare me back into the desert for shooting.

FWIW - I know of a crappy desert area that's open to the public, but even though it is fenced off and marked "no motorized vehicles", the dirt bike riders take it over and use the shooting berms for ramps.

Otherwise, it's a 200 yard walk from the parking area, and another 600 yard walk to the longest range (safe) shooting berm. It is in central Washington state. About 2 1/2 to 3 hours driving distance from Spokane as well as Seattle.

Otherwise, I think the Wenatchee range has the best to offer yet.