• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Centurion Arms Chrome Sandcutter Carrier

Glad you are buying one because they look very interesting. I just bought a centurion lightweight chf upper the other day, and it is extremely impressive.

Looking forward to your observations.
Especially the sand cuts.

Lots of interesting BCG's coming out lately.

KAK's downward ported one. ( Into the mag well and mag )
Speed Tac's different ramp cut to allow easier insertion of a full mag.

Reactions: mtrmn
Looking forward to your observations.
Especially the sand cuts.

Lots of interesting BCG's coming out lately.

KAK's downward ported one. ( Into the mag well and mag )
Speed Tac's different ramp cut to allow easier insertion of a full mag.
KAKs is full on retarded. why would you want that ported into the fcg which is where it's going, not the mag well

CA is so underrated its criminal.
I think they're like the best kept secret in the AR world. Monte and Corrie are awesome people; great products; Monte is a former SEAL and specialized in weapons and used the MK12 in Iraq. They are the real deal, all the way around. I hope they can keep up with all of the demand as they become more well-known.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
I think they're like the best kept secret in the AR world. Monte and Corrie are awesome people; great products; Monte is a former SEAL and specialized in weapons and used the MK12 in Iraq. They are the real deal, all the way around. I hope they can keep up with all of the demand as they become more well-known.
They can't even keep up with demand now. Any time I've been interested in buying something of theirs's it's never in stock.

It has angled slots through the rails to move crud out of the way. I don't know why we need one.

It has angled slots through the rails to move crud out of the way. I don't know why we need one.
don't think they are necessary as well, just another feature. I do believe testing showed improvement but don't recall it being material

What's a "sandcutter" carrier and why do I need/want one?

Serious questions
Some of the sand in the middle east is like moon dust. When it mixes with oil it makes almost like a cement, locking up the gun. The sandcutter was designed to help with this problem. The cuts in the BCG rails clear debris as it moves. This is one of the reasons why the 416 was so successful. They would just run it dry and blow it out in the morning with a air compressor.

Some of the sand in the middle east is like moon dust. When it mixes with oil it makes almost like a cement, locking up the gun. The sandcutter was designed to help with this problem. The cuts in the BCG rails clear debris as it moves. This is one of the reasons why the 416 was so successful. They would just run it dry and blow it out in the morning with a air compressor.
dry, impossible as our resident know it alls say you can't run an AR like that lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1911hombre
that's just about everyone with quality however,

Other than KAC, not really................CA seems to be on the higher end frequency of OOS compared to most decent suppliers today. Even SanTan is not as bad anymore.

MM

I used to really be into FALs, and I remember reading about how the whole sandcutter stuff was originally a direct change made after either the 67 or 73 arab/Israel wars to the FAL rifles bc of the sand causing malfunctions. No idea if that is the truth, but I remember reading that repeated quite a bit.

I was waiting for a centurion chf lw upper to come in for well over two years before I could buy one the other day!
that's nuts

I've just called Corrie on anything I've wanted and it's been much better than that. I see a lot of less recognizable brands, lower quality, etc are ok but once you get higher mid to high it's tough, no doubt

I never called or anything, just had the email option selected to alert when back in stock, and checked the website every once in a while. It wasn't a v1tactical situation where it was paid for it in advance, so it was no big deal.

Corrie was ridiculously helpful over email though, you are absolutely right about her.

Last edited:

Thanks. Well aware of the moon dust/talcum powder sand in the ME, but my solution was a dry lubricant.

It surprises me that, on this forum, a sandcutter bcg gathers so much interest, but over the years, I've seen very little discussion of supported tail carriers (SRC, CMC, San Tan, Lantac, etc) which theoretically enhance accuracy. Joe Carlos certainly seemed to think there was merit to the concept. Am  I a good enough shooter to notice the difference? No. That's why you'll never see me post a 5x5. Many here are, however.

SRC, CMC, San Tan, Lantac
Wish any of these came in chrome or NP3. Or at least phosphate. Seems all the enhanced bcg's are nitride or DLC.
Please point me in the right direction if I'm wrong on that.

I've had quite a few MK12 barrels over the years, but my Centurion Arms MK12 barrel has without a doubt was the most accurate of them all !

Reactions: SS108
I've had quite a few MK12 barrels over the years, but my Centurion Arms MK12 barrel has without a doubt was the most accurate of them all !
My Centurion Mk12 was the only one that didn’t fit my actual Ron Allen made SPR collar.

NiB is most distrusted by SOTAR, so I'm avoiding it.

They're definitely the same. CMC and San Tan are sister companies.
NiB was “most distrusted” years before Chad made noise. 🙄

My Centurion Mk12 was the only one that didn’t fit my actual Ron Allen made SPR collar.
Yep, mine didn't either. They were selling their own version made in-house. I wasn't really happy about that. I had to have the AE collar turned down a hair. The version they were selling "worked" but wasn't right. They also make an in-house muzzle brake, I ordered it when I bought the barrel thinking it was an AE. You're the first person I've seen post about this issue and I've asked numerous times over on the MK12 page at ARF. No one else ever mentioned it.

Last edited:
Yep, mine didn't either. They were selling their own version made in-house. I wasn't really happy about that. I had to have the AE collar turned down a hair. The version they were selling "worked" but wasn't right. They also make an in-house muzzle brake, I ordered it when I bought the barrel thinking it was an AE. You're the first person I've seen post about this issue and I've asked numerous times over on the MK12 page at ARF. No one else ever mentioned it.
I’m not afraid to talk shit.

Reactions: SS108