• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cerakote camo opinion

Bloody_Tailgate

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2008
Sioux Falls, SD
Just wanted to know what people thought about my first try at a camo pattern. My buddy picked the colors...I can't decide if I like the way it turned out. Let me know what you really think, I have thick skin.

Attachments

• IMAG0107.jpg
    IMAG0107.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0109.jpg
    IMAG0109.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0110.jpg
    IMAG0110.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 16
Bloody_Tailgate
Looks good, let it grow in you and re-assess it in one month, good job.
Good shooting.
Ombre noire

Too plain jane for me. But its just a personal preference.

That may be what I'm unhappy with too. It's hard to put a finger on exactly what I'm not satisfied with. I think as far as camouflage goes it will do the job very well in the dry grassy areas where we hunt, I just think it lacks the showy, fancy flavor of others.

I think it looks good. I myself am a terrible painter an can only hope to get my paint to look half that good.

Take this for what it's worth. The plastic parts of my paintball gear (hopper, mask, etc) are all painted in a similar style to your rifle. The only difference is that I tend to use darker colors on top and lighter colors on bottom IAW military face painting procedures. In a casual woods game, I once found myself within 20 feet of other experienced players while laying prone. There was some thin brush between us, but I watched the guy look straight at me and I heard him ask his buddy if I was still there. My painted gear was in plain view and he couldn't see it. I stayed still and waited quietly until he moved to a more open position, and I let him have it.

If a person can look straight at you within 20 feet and wonder if you are there, you are doing it right. Your paintjob will probably work very well, so why not go test it out with a buddy? Hide in a good firing position and see how close he has to get before he can see you or your rifle.

If I could improve on your paintjob or my own, I would only suggest to add effects that mimic light coming down through the leaves of a tree. From what I've learned, good camo is based more on lighting than color. Good lighting technique can trick your eyes in ways that are hard to understand.