• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cerakote color Federal Brown vs. Federal Standard Field Drab

BullyDog

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2014
Bama
Hello, I really need to see some bolt gun pics up close of Federal Brown(c214) and Federal Standard Field Drab(c30118) Cerakote color. I can't make my mind up on what color to choose for my barreled action, bedded in a Manners Gap Camo T5A. Any pics posted here would be greatly appreciated. Don't post thumb nails but pics under your posts. Thank You

Yea, thanks, I saw that, we got the same taste. I wished I could just see Federal Standard Field Drab also. That rig is pretty!

Does anyone out there have a pic of that color on anything, pistol, or something medal. Please post.

Yea, that's exactly why I'm stuck. I like colors that pop out and match as well. The field drab to an untrained eye blends nicely with the od green splotches on the Gap colored stock. I would really like to see the two together. Everything I've seen painted field drab hasn't been a pic as quality as yours. So if anyone has one please post. Thank you strike33, and once again that's a pretty gun. Good choose
The Federal Brown has a pretty dominant maroon tint. I would think the field drab would be a better match to the the GAP camo

it certainly would. the color is deceiving. When its on the woods it is very flat and brown, but out of its element it has that brick red tint. Either way I think you'll be good. Its nice to see someone else getting away from the FDE, Black, desert colors that seem to be over done.
best of luck

On the thread Cerakote Rifle of the Week, the guy has his suppressor and mag done in field drab and the rest in patriot brown. To my eyes the field drab is darker with a dull bronze. Anyway I think that sealed the deal. His custom dipped stock has some colorations like the Gap, and the mating of the colors is damn near perfect. I feel I may sway to Federal Standard Field Drab. If anyone has any pics of Cerakotes A.I. Brown or any browns in the above family, post them up. Lets see some darker colors than just FDE, Desert and etc. This may help some others as well.