• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cerakote Color Suggestions for OD Green B&C M40 Stock HELP!

pcweidman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
www.facebook.com
Guys,

I am building a 20 inch barrel rem700 SA 308 with a few bells and whistles. I am trying to decide from the daunting amount of greens and browns of cerakote to go great with a Bell and Carlson OD Green M40 stock. My first instincts and color desire are some form of dark earth on the bottom metal, box mag, barreled action and muzzle brake. I do like the cerakote greens as well but don't love the idea of an all green rifle. I am in Alabama where we are deciduous in nature but have red and tan clay soil. I hunt a lot from prone in natural hides for pigs and deer and really just desire some flair to the rifle in addition to good colors that match my surroundings.

Has anyone mixed any of the earths/browns/tans/greens with an OD Green stock? What's your vote, I can't decide!!

- M40 contour barreled 700 action
- Wyet 5 round box mag bottom metal
-badger bolt knob
- little bastard brake
- B&C m40 stock
- Aadland low rings
- Vortex 2.5-10 pst glass

Don't forget that your shoes and hand bag should complement the entire ensemble. ......

Seriously, it's a rifle, not a Picasso, just go with a Federal Brown #214 or Mud Brown #225 shade. Just look at any forest or woodland camo pattern and use that brown or something like it and your GTG.