• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Cerakote Custom Remington 700

gvanhyning

Sergeant
Minuteman
Remington 700 .308 Winchester
Rock Creek SS 5R barrel 1:11.27
Action and bolt trued
PTG oversized bolt w/Sako extractor
Badger Ordnance bolt knob
Jewell trigger
AICS chassis
Badger Ordnance base and rings
Flatline Ops level
Angle cosine indicator
I coated the barrel, action, and bolt. Note the grey bolt body, it's coated with Micro Slick. As well, the chassis, cheek rest, and length of pull spacer are all coated. Color is Flat Dark Earth and the chassis panels were left O.D. Green.

Re: Cerakote Custom Remington 700

Yeah, what they said!!

Congrats on a great looking rifle and I'm sure it shoots just as well!

I like the color combination - great job.

Nah, it's too pretty. Looks really good, but your rifle is screamin' for some dings & scratches, honestly won through experience.

Beautiful finish job, now take it out and put it to work!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott E White</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nah, it's too pretty. Looks really good, but your rifle is screamin' for some dings & scratches, honestly won through experience.

Beautiful finish job, now take it out and put it to work! </div></div>
This gun is my primary for the Sporting Rifle Competition until my 6.5x47 Lapua is complete, Jon Beanland has it right now. I do firearms coating, specifically Cerakote, and I can repaint any of my guns whenever I get the urge. Thank you, I do appreciate your comments.
Edit: To add pic.
url]

how does it shoot? I am going to be doing a build soon, so I am trying to investigate different barrels, twist rate, etc.. and just wonder how she does, and with what size pills. thanks and nice rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Manzgear</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how does it shoot? I am going to be doing a build soon, so I am trying to investigate different barrels, twist rate, etc.. and just wonder how she does, and with what size pills. thanks and nice rifle. </div></div>
This gun shoots great. For the long range, out to 1000 yards I've been pushing 155 Lapuas with 44.2 grains of Varget measuring 2.197" with a comparator. Velocities are only 2754 but it rings the steel out to 1000 yards. I've just started working some loads with Berger 155.5 grain Full Bore and IMR 8208 XBR. This combination is showing some promise but I need to work up some more loads. Preliminary results are velocities over 2800 with no signs of pressure and excellent accuracy. Thanks for your comments.