• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Cerakote, Durakote in Houston?

Atti_Mac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2010
TX
I tried to Google -it, but didn't find anything. I want a full durakote, or cerakote process on my 1911 and AR-10 . Anybody does it in Houston area?

Re: Cerakote, Durakote in Houston?

I would call Aaron Roberts (rprifles.com) or Ed Vandenberg.

Well looks like nobody able to do that paint job what I need, or asking a fortune. One of the shop, was calling a meeting to give me an estimate, what is a joke. So I am keep looking, for a reasonable price...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A MAGYAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well looks like nobody able to do that paint job what I need, or asking a fortune. One of the shop, was calling a meeting to give me an estimate, what is a joke. So I am keep looking, for a reasonable price...</div></div>

Well, not sure who to call here in Houston either ~ maybe Briley but that won't be cheap.

What are you trying to do and what is it that you consider "reasonable"?

I am doing my own refinishing now but in the past I have used CCR Refinishing they do first class work and I would not hesitate to use Customized Creations.
Both are highly recognized on the SigForum and other forums as great re-finishers.

Just find a local FFL that can ship it effectively and cheaply otherwise overnight freight from an individual is pricey.
No sales tax helps offset the shipping costs a bit too.

PS ~ you don't want Duracoat unless you need a special camo or it is on something soft like a stock.
Cerakote is WAY better of a process.

Good Luck

I found this rifle on the website, and want the same finishing.
I asked the owner how he did it, and he told me he used Coyote Brown, masked it, then used Desert Mirage Tan, masked it again and used Magpul Flat Dark Earth. Then he took off all the masks and traced the lines with Woodland Brown. All colors were Duraocat and an airbrush was used.

PaintJob.jpg

To continue this thread do not try grip reductions in tomball. The paint felt like sandpaper. Was extremely rough and I received an eight day estimate. 3 months later I got my rifle back. He broke on of my seekins rings and had to buy me a new one. Overall, I was very upset with the paint job. When I got it back it looked like it already had safe dings on it. I was pissed to say the least.