• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Biglizard

Private
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2022
California
I am going to take my upper/lower/handguard to get cerakoted tomorrow but I am stuck on ideas. Originally thought of doing a titanium blue but have since changed my mind to something more "grey." Trouble is, I don't know if I want to go with a solid color or do some sort of "urban camo" type of look.

Something like this:
image-asset.jpeg

I want to see your grey or grey camo rifles!

Take a look at black multicam. You'll get better results and ideas from the cerakote website gallery. You can spend hours looking at ideas. If you want a great camo job look at the painter/operators work as not every cerakote applicator has the same style or skillset. Some are great, some suck. Some are really good at multicam but not kryptek and vice versa. Most can do a single color just fine. I love camo, but I stay away for guns because they fall out of fashion so quickly. Resale may suffer. Some colors are fickle like that too. Burnt bronze used to be the hottest thing. Now I think people are over it. I prefer something that is reasonably timeless.

The "black camo" patterns don't really do much for camouflage, as they don't break up the weapon's outline.

It does set a rifle apart from the sea of black rifles around it though with a quick visual clue about which one is yours.

I'm a sucker for battle worn but I think it's douchey to paint your rifle to look worn and I don't shoot my AR enough to make it look worn even if it was spray paint. If I did however I'd go at it with the rattle can laundry bag camo and then let it wear in.

im actually tires of green, tan, black etc, the whole safe looks the same

i made myself a promise that im not doing "tactical" colors anymore, except for a pistol because i dont care enough about them to spend money on paint

if its a hunting rifle thats one thing

but from now on red, blue, orange, anything but pink (although i might get my daughter a 22lr and cerkote it pink and purple)