• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Cerakote Kimber 1911 SIS

gvanhyning

Sergeant
Minuteman
24yblvt.jpg

2h8d4hx.jpg

Just refinished my Kimber 1911 SIS Pro in Cerakote. Colors are burnt bronze and graphite black.

Re: Cerakote Kimber 1911 SIS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oddball-Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pics! This thread is useless without pics!

Edit: This thread is more useful with better pics! </div></div>
Understood ... I'll get better pics posted.

I need promo material. I got tired of working for stupid people and decided to start up my own business. I just completed the NIC Industries certification class and this was one of my guns that I coated. Kimber coatings don't seem to be very durable. While the stock finish didn't have any holster wear, the safety and magazine release had considerable wear, i.e., bare metal showing. I did a lot of my own research and I believe that Cerakote is the industry leader and after seeing their operation first hand, I believe they will remain the industry leader. There are a lot of firearms companies using their coating on production weapons.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gvanhyning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need promo material. I got tired of working for stupid people and decided to start up my own business. I just completed the NIC Industries certification class and this was one of my guns that I coated. Kimber coatings don't seem to be very durable. While the stock finish didn't have any holster wear, the safety and magazine release had considerable wear, i.e., bare metal showing. I did a lot of my own research and I believe that Cerakote is the industry leader and after seeing their operation first hand, I believe they will remain the industry leader. There are a lot of firearms companies using their coating on production weapons. </div></div>

Oh I see, well you did a excellent job on your 1911. It should be a good promo in the future. Also good luck with your buisness.

What can you tell me about the certification class? The website doesn't say squat about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gvanhyning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need promo material. I got tired of working for stupid people and decided to start up my own business. I just completed the NIC Industries certification class and this was one of my guns that I coated. Kimber coatings don't seem to be very durable. While the stock finish didn't have any holster wear, the safety and magazine release had considerable wear, i.e., bare metal showing. I did a lot of my own research and I believe that Cerakote is the industry leader and after seeing their operation first hand, I believe they will remain the industry leader. There are a lot of firearms companies using their coating on production weapons. </div></div>

I have some information you might want to take. If you have a standard FFL even with an SOT I would highly recommend upgrading to a type 7 with a type 2 SOT so ATF doesn’t shot you down for manufacturing without a license. They tried to do it to me a couple months ago, just ask Mat at NIC regarding Selph Arms LLC in TX.