• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cerakote on a Remage R700

TurdFerguson

thinking sucks
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2014
Burgerworld
I have a 700 action, NSS recoil lug, and a Stainless PVA barrel nut with an NSS Criterion Stainless barrel. I want to get them coated flat black. I had the barrel pulled and everything disassembled. Which would be smarter?

Receiver, lug, and nut all cerakoted. Barrel spray painted. Reassembled after coating.

Or

Entire assembly cerakoted assembled. Concerned about chips and damage to coating when switching barrels occasionally.

Or

Receiver/lug coated. Nut and barrel bead blasted? I assume changing barrels will damage the coating on the barrel nut. Bead blasting would do better?

How well does cerakote handle barrel vises/action wrenches? Im wondering if it would be smarter to use alumahyde and repaint when changing barrels.

Wrap the barrel/action with some dry wall tape or cut a piece of an old paper towel roll. Cerakote is much stronger than alumahyde.