• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Cerakote Vs.Springfield Armory's Armor Koate

Zebra644

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2010
Ohio
I don't know how many of my fellow HIDE brothers check out the 1911 Forum. I asked this question and at current only got one reply. I want to have my S/A Champion Operator refinished. I carry it always and have worn out the original finish, had it duracoated and that did not hold up very well at all.
I called SA Customer Service and as stated from others had a great conversation with them. It will cost +/- $200.00 for them to get, strip and refinish with a 4 week turn around time.The finish on the grip safety is worn, the ambi-safety as well as the rear sight and obviously the frame and slide from various makes of holster wear, leather and kydex. So have any of you had the Armor Kote put on or had your stuff Cerekoated? How is it holding up? Also any legit HIDE members here or vendors that cerekaote, so that I can get some ideas?
Thanks to all

Re: Cerakote Vs.Springfield Armory's Armor Koate

Look into Ionbond. There are a few examples on the Internet and its definitely growing in popularity. I just read a magazine article of the Para Ordanance Black Ops 1911 being finished in Ionbond.

I'll take a look thanks, the rep from S/A stated that since its an aluminum frame they cant do their version of the ion bonding.

Birdsong's Black-T finish is available in black and green . They clean the weapon , parkerize it , apply zinc-chromate , then apply the Black -T . It is self-lubricating and corrosion-resistant ...

My everyday carry is a Champion alloy frame. I had it cerakoted after much wear on the factory finish. It has held up well and I would recommend it but every well used carry pistol is gonna develop love marks.

Controlled Chaos Arms does cerakote.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My everyday carry is a Champion alloy frame. I had it cerakoted after much wear on the factory finish. It has held up well and I would recommend it but every well used carry pistol is gonna develop love marks. </div></div>

Oh Yes this I know,and don't mind but I literally have bare metal on multiple parts of the gun and the slide is starting to show signs of corrosion from where I sweat.

I didn't mean that to sound directed at you....I meant it to mean that even though the Cerakote has held up good it still wears in the obvious places. It didn't translate well written down.