• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Cfe & 308

PowderMeasure

JL
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2012
Middle TN
Guys I've got to make some changes due to powder shortage etc. Was able to get much CFE for my 223 and wanted to know what projectile and amount of load worked best as a starting point. Same for my bolt 308 and POF 308. Concerned about burn rate and to save powder etc what would be a good starting point. Using 168 BTHP SMK's. Main concern is 308.

I appreciate the help!

Just go to the allaiant site and look it up.I had to do it the other day for another caliber and their loads are right on.

There is a handful of threads with that on it, but the data on their site is what I use. Do be careful with it though, it has mood swings depending on the temperature.

Brass makes a huge difference in pressures on this as well (I know it always does, but what a difference).

I loaded up 168 AMAX's in FGMM brass with 47.2 gr with no pressure signs at all. Dropped it to 46.8 in LC brass to work up and had a loose primer.