• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing CG Jackson Trigger Stuck

MadKap

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2010
TwcN2.jpg

I finally got my hands on a CG Jackson trigger which feels phenomenal (though as you'll find I've not used it with the stock attached yet).

The problem is, when I install the action back into the stock, the trigger cannot be pulled. The end of the trigger bar, where the red arrow is pointing, is contacting the trigger guard.

I just find this really odd given that the trigger guard is stock and the CG jackson is designed for the Remington 700. The stock I'm using right now in a B&C tactical medalist, but I feel like that doesn't mater given that the interference is with the trigger guard.

Has anyone else experienced this? Would you suggest I remove material from the trigger guard... from the trigger bar?

Thanks for any help.

Re: CG Jackson Trigger Stuck

This particular trigger does not seem exactly to be a drop in trigger. My 'smith had to do all manner of adjustments to get it to play nice in my custom build.

Re: CG Jackson Trigger Stuck

That particular problem is an easy fix: dremel off the extra rod length. As a side note, I broke the shiny steel trigger shoe bar pretty easy by accidently bending it and then bending it back. I swapped it out for a fixed trigger shoe and have no such concerns now.